Career Opportunities: Monitoring Assistant G5 (86701)
Requisition # 86701 - Posted 08/08/2018 - Fixed Term - Africa, Central & Eastern - Rwanda - Huye - Working Job Language (2) - PROGRAMME & POLICY
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
To coordinate and perform monitoring activities within a specific coverage area and provide reports to support the effective delivery of assistance packages.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Under the overall supervision of the Head of the Field Office, the incumbent shall perform the following duties:
1. Verify the planned movements and distribution of food or non-food items, resolving routine issues and escalating where appropriate, to ensure that the quantity distributed and the quality of the operation is in line with WFP standards.
2. Collect and summarise assistance programme(s) data, collaborating with cooperating partners where required, conduct analysis and prepare reports in order to support programme reviews and informative decision-making.
3. Liaise with cooperating partners and internal counterparts to gather feedback and comments to support programme reviews and improve services.
4. Suggest improvements to field monitoring processes and procedures for efficient implementation of the assistance programmes.
5. Arrange for regular meetings with community leaders and cooperating partners on commodity pipeline, distribution arrangements, food entitlements and other relevant issues to support effective communication flow and efficient operations.
6. Allocate tasks to other staff, providing guidance and on-the-job training to support their development and high performance.
7. Provide standard trainings for cooperating partners on WFP operational practices, monitoring tools and methods in order to support them to independently self-monitor and to contribute to the visibility of WFP in the coverage areas.
8. Prepare field mission reports to document programme implementation.
9. Follow set emergency response processes and procedures for emergency food assistance.
|Capability Name||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level|
|Strategic Management||Displays basic understanding of WFP’s policies and strategies to perform monitoring and/or evaluation activities and their inter-relationship.|
|Performance Management||Applies knowledge of WFP’s performance management system to manage resources and relationships to undertake monitoring actions or deliver straightforward evaluations of operations, programmes, or processes to WFP monitoring and/or evaluation quality standards.|
|Qualitative/Quantitative Methodology||Understand and applies an appropriate mix of established methods and data collection tools to monitoring, reviews or straightforward evaluations, in line with WFP’s strategic and operational results frameworks (metrics), WFP guidance and technical standards.|
|Data Analytics and Visualization||Collects and summarizes programme data, including information on shipments, distribution site logistics, the status of personas in need, and beneficiaries
planned and reached for all programme assistance modalities and activities.
|Programme Monitoring and Review||Gathers, organizes, and provides data on programme outputs, processes, and outcomes, including distribution plans and the status, quantity, and quality of food and cash distributed and technical assistance provided.|
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A university degree in the related functional area is desirable.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Has experience collecting programme output and outcome data, conducting quantitative and qualitative analyses, and reporting findings to management team, partners and other stakeholders.
• Has experience utilizing WFP monitoring and evaluation systems and standards.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
22 August 2018
Female applicants are especially encouraged to apply