EVERY VOICE COUNTS (EVC) PROJECT
TERMS OF REFERENCE:
RECRUITMENT OF MONITORING, EVALUATION & LEARNING SPECIALIST
Pro-Femmes/ Twese Hamwe is a national civil society umbrella organization for civil society organizations working to advance Gender equality and equity through the development process. The organization was established in October 1992 and currently represents 53 member organizations within the country. The mission of Pro-Femmes/ Twese Hamwe is to eradicate all forms of discrimination towards women, to promote women’s socio-economic, political and legal status, and to enhance institutional and organizational capacities of the umbrella and its member organizations through promotion of sustainable human development based on gender equality and a culture of peace, justice and human rights.
Pro-Femmes/Twese Hamwe in collaboration with CARE International Rwanda is implementing the Every Voice Counts (EVC) Project. Funded by the Netherland Ministry of Foreign Affairs, through, Care Netherlands, EVC project is being implemented in 5 districts of Southern Province, namely Kamonyi, Muhanga, Ruhango, Nyanza and Huye districts.
- Project’s objective and outcomes
The project aims at promoting a citizen engagement and social accountability model for enhancing women participation and influence in governance processes to address gender based violence at local and National level.
- Pro-Femmes /Twese Hamwe seeks to recruit a qualified and motivated Project MEL specialist to execute the following:
- Responsible lead for the development, strengthening and functioning of PRO-FEMMES/TWESEHAMWE Specifically EVC Project MEL frameworks and systems, and supporting tools or templates.
- Develop the framework for PRO-FEMMES/TWESE HAMWE Monitoring and Evaluation, in coordination with program management, ensuring that monitoring and evaluation arrangements comply with donor agreement and program requirement.
- Assess, identify and provide guidance on critical areas where technical support is needed and connect with Technical team to ensure quality program implementation and service provision.
- Strengthen MEL capacities of all program staff at central and field level on a continuous basis through on job training and mentoring.
- Monitor and review existing monitoring mechanisms and reporting documents including but not limited to project-level MEL plans, data collection tools, and Final Evaluation Reports.
- Guide the regular sharing of MEL findings with relevant stakeholders and ensure that monitoring data is discussed in the appropriate forums in a timely manner.
- Develop MEL trainings and other capacity buildings tools to PFTH staff and members
- Developing streamlined tools and schedules that will make the M&E process as easy as possible for Partners
- Ensuring the data are timely corrected from the field and fed into the database and tools
- Keeping update the Community Score Card tools including uploading of information on the shared stores online.
- Setting up systems and procedures for ongoing monitoring & impact measurement; incorporating donor specific requirements if necessary
- Carry out field visits and spot checks to audit data and ensure that tools are user friendly and working effectively and to inform partners of the results of previous assessments, this will also include preparing first hand narrative reports (quarterly and annual reports)
- Organizing and facilitating the formal project baseline survey, mid-term and final evaluations as planned, supporting external evaluators as necessary; facilitating the dissemination of results among project team and stakeholders;
- Closely monitor external environment to projects and identify threats and facilitate development of a plan to reduce chocks to the projects. This might involve having a better understanding of local governance realities; perspectives of different stakeholders involved and facilitate reflection sessions to discuss and find necessary solutions.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- Keeping up to date with standards of professionalism and PFTH’s expectations concerning personal behaviour and values; at all times acting accordingly
- Being aware of what PFTH is doing outside of personal specialism in order to communicate PFTH’s strategies, programs and accomplishments effectively
- Participating in stakeholder coordination meetings for harmonisation of activities.
- Participating in other high profile events (e.g. national events) and networking opportunities
- Taking opportunities to promote PFTH& CARE in the community, including displaying promotional material as appropriate;
- Required Qualifications and Experience:
- A minimum of Bachelor Degree in statistics, economics, project planning, Law and management, information systems, monitoring, and evaluation or in a closely related field. With a minimum of 5 years of experience
- Master’s Degree in project management, project planning, statistics with a minimum of 3 years working experience.
- Minimum 3 years working as MEL specialist
- Experience in programs’ design, monitoring, evaluation and learning.
- Conversant and able to design, develop and guide implement project strategic/results frameworks, Change or Logic models.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience managing and analyzing data using Excel, SPSS, STATA, Open data toolkits.
- Knowledge/experience in designing, leading and developing high-quality reports from quantitative/qualitative data, studies, surveys or assessments
- Good organizational skills and ability to work under pressure and complete tasks according to agreed deadlines.
- Fluency and Excellent in English writing, Reading and speaking
- Knowledge of French will be added advantage
- Kinyarwanda is mandatory
- Substantial experience in the design and implementation of monitoring and evaluation plans for big grants, preferably with experience in the field of research, monitoring and/or evaluation;
- Proven experience with strategic planning approaches, MEL methods and approaches, planning and implementation of MEL systems, information/data analysis and report writing;
- Sound knowledge of development program planning and implementation objectives;
- Prior experience in working with NGOs in that domain is an added value;
- How to apply:
Interested candidates should send their application enclosed with a cover letter, Curriculum Vitae, Academic documents and other relevant work certificates to the Chairperson of Pro-Femmes/ Twese Hamwe and delivered in hard copies to Pro-Femmes offices by 16:30 pm on 25th February 2019.
Pro-Femmes/ Twese Hamwe head office is located next to Gahanga Sector offices, Kicukiro District.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for a written test.
- Online applications will not be considered
Kigali, 08 February 2019
KANAKUZE Jeanne d’Arc
Pro-Femmes/ Twese Hamwe