Mott MacDonald is currently positioning for the upcoming Cities and Infrastructure for Growth (CIG) project in Rwanda. CIG is a multi-country UK Government/DFID programme designed to support
inclusive economic growth and job creation. The aim of CIG is to strengthen the management of urban and infrastructure sectors and boost investment and to deliver inclusive economic transformation
and growth that is climate-resilient and contributes to poverty reduction and economic inclusion of disadvantaged groups in Rwanda.
This support will primarily take the form of Technical Assistance (TA) to government Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) involved in (but not limited to) direct planning, financing, and delivery of low-cost/affordable housing and other infrastructure; Urban planning and urban development and economic competitiveness; and Mechanisms or transactions involving private sector financing of such projects. The contracts will aim to deliver demand-driven Technical Assistance to MDAs at the national and sub-national level; it is also possible that support could be directed towards the private sector or non-governmental actors.
Mott MacDonald is inviting applications from qualified Rwandan and East Africa experts in the following technical areas:
(Municipal) Finance Lead
- Qualified in Finance, Public Financial Management, Infrastructure Finance, preferably to Masters’
- 5-10 years’ experience in Municipal Finance, Public Financial Management, Infrastructure Finance,
- Significant experience in Rwanda or at least in one of Ethiopia or Tanzania.
- Experience in providing Technical Assistance in the Public Financial Management (PFM) sector to
Government Ministries and Departments in a developing country context
- Previous experience of working in the relevant country/region
- Previous experience of working on IFI-funded projects (preferably DfID funded)
- Experience in Infrastructure Financing
- Experience in Municipal Revenue and Finance for Infrastructure
- Experience in Municipal Resource Mobilisation
- Project Preparation and Investment Experience
- Expertise and Experience in designing and structuring PPPs