The Association for the Promotion of Education and Training Abroad (APEFE) is a Belgian organization that mobilizes its resources and expertise to serve the countries of the South for strengthening their capacities to implement their Development policy in the sectors of education, agriculture and environment, health, governance and the private sector.
In Rwanda, APEFE is implementing its five-year program (2017-2021) financed by the Belgian Directorate General for Development Cooperation (DGD), with the objective of initiating "Inclusive and equitable quality alternance training, accessible to young Rwandan women and men, responding to the skills needs of the growing Rwandan economy in food processing and beauty/fashion trades". This program will be implemented in a partnership with the Ministry of Public Service and Employment (MIFOTRA) and the Private Sector Federation (PSF).
Expected results of the APEFE program 2017-2021
In this phase 2017-2021, APEFE in collaboration with its partners aim at the following results:
Result 1: Different partners collaborate and co-ordinate inclusive and equitable quality alternance training,
Result 2: TVET institutions train young men and women to be competitive on the labour market.
Result 3: Companies are able to provide inclusive and quality workplace learning opportunities.
To fulfil this mandate APEFE is seeking interested Rwandan candidates for the following position:
National Technical Assistant – Knowledge Capitalization, Monitoring & Evaluation / Ref: ATN KC-ME-01.2021
The Association for the Promotion of Education and Training Abroad (APEFE) mobilizes its resources and expertise to serve the countries of the South to strengthen their capacities to implement their development policy in the sectors Education, Agriculture and Environment, Health, Governance, and the Private Sector.
As part of its 2017-2021 programme in RWANDA, APEFE is hiring a National Technical Assistant Knowledge Capitalization, Monitoring & Evaluation (M/F) for the Programme, whose objective is: " Inclusive and equitable quality alternance training, accessible to young Rwandan women and men, responding to the skills needs of the growing Rwandan economy, is initiated in food processing and/or beauty/fashion trades. "
- Place of assignment: Kigali (Rwanda) with regular missions in Provinces
- End of contract: December 2021
- Deadline for submitting application: 28 February 2021, 5 p.m.
- Salary: APEFE local salary scale
- Career level: 7 years of useful experience
- Minimum level of study: University degree
In close collaboration with his/her counterpart of MIFOTRA and APEFE team, the National Technical Assistant (NTA) Knowledge Capitalization, Monitoring & Evaluation, provides the necessary technical support to partners in order to perform the M&E and Knowledge Capitalisation of the programme and other workplace learning initiatives.
S/He is under the hierarchical authority of the APEFE programme administrator.
Tasks and responsibilities of the NTA:
- Develop and coordinate the implementation of capitalization strategy of the program to ensure that lessons learned and good practices are collected, shared, and disseminated to the public;
- Train partners on the knowledge management and capitalization of a project and ensure that all participants in the program participate in participatory knowledge management;
- Strengthen the capacity of project partners and beneficiaries in monitoring and evaluation;
- Enhance the capacity of MIFOTRA to monitor workplace learning initiatives;
- Organize workshops related to sharing experiences and lessons learned with different actors on workplace learning in Rwanda and elsewhere and with development partners;
- Develop and implement an overall framework of the monitoring and evaluation of the Programme;
- Follow up on different activities and day-to-day management of the M&E system, and continuous improvement of MIS system and tools;
- Collect Most Significant Change Stories;
- Ensure the consistency of reports from technical assistants and program partners. Use these reports to consolidate quarterly and annual reports of the program.
- Collect data and establish program statistics.
- He/she intervene on all the results of the program
- Perform any additional tasks assigned by the Programme Administrator.
- Hold a Master degree in Project M&E, Organizational Strategies, Economics, Statistics or other related fields;
- Minimum 7 years of proven professional experience in Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL), in development of M&E system for public and/or private institutions or development cooperation projects;
- Experience in institutional capacity development and facilitation of capacity development workshops;
- Experience in computer assisted data analysis tools (Spreadsheets, Data Analysis Softwares for statistics, MS Project);
- Experience with International Organisations;
- Knowledge of rigorous impact assessment concepts (using experimental methodologies) and experience in collection of Most Significant Change Stories would also be an asset;
- Perfect command of Kinyarwanda, French, and English.
How to apply:
A curriculum vitae and a motivation letter, indicating the reference ATN KC-ME-01.2021, must be sent, not later than February 28, 2021, 5 p.m., to Mrs Marie-Pierre Ngoma, Programme Administrator of APEFE Rwanda, by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short-listed candidates whose background and experience meet the criteria above will be contacted.