SMART AFRICA SECRETARIAT
NOTICE OF INTERNATIONAL TENDER FOR THE RECRUITMENT OF A CONSULTING FIRM TO DEVELOP THE AFRICA’S BLUEPRINT FOR ICT START-UPS AND INNOVATION ECOSYSTEM
1. The Smart Africa Secretariat has obtained funds from the World Bank to fund the recruitment of a consulting firm which will develop the Africa’s Blueprint for ICT Start-Ups and Innovation Ecosystem.
2. The Smart Africa Secretariat invites bids in closed envelopes from eligible candidates who meet the qualifications required to perform the following services:
- Conduct a desktop research to identify the key challenges faced by African ICT start-ups and Innovator as well as the best practices developed in the world including the Smart Africa Alliance Space.
- Provide legal, policy, regulatory, governance/institutional and implementation recommendations that can help spur the development of robust and sustainable ICT start-ups and innovation in Africa,
- Develop a sustainable strategy to attract, create financing and investment towards African ICT/tech start-ups.
3. The award of the contract shall be conducted by international competitive bidding as defined in the Rwanda Public Procurement Code, and open to all eligible candidates.
4. Interested candidates can obtain information from the Smart Africa Secretariat (email:firstname.lastname@example.org) and review the tender documents at the address below:
Smart Africa Secretariat
9 th Floor, Bloc C, Makuza Peace Plaza,
10 KN4 Avenue, Kigali, Rwanda
+250 788-300-581/ 732-310-014
5. The Terms of reference (ToR) will be given to interested candidates against a non- refundable payment of 200 (Two Hundred) USD by bank transfer in the name of the Smart Africa Secretariat.
6. Tenders must be submitted to the address indicated in point 4 no later than October 16 th , 2019, at 3.30 p.m. Late offers will not be accepted. Tenders will be opened in the presence of the tenderers' representatives if they wish so at the address indicated, on October 16 th ,
2019, at 3.30 p.m. Bids must remain valid for a period of ninety (90) days from the date of