Position Title: Nutrition and SBCC Specialist
Reporting to: Chief of Party
Position Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Project Name: Feed the Future Orora Wihaze Activity
CNFA is a not-for-profit international agricultural development organization headquartered in Washington, D.C. and dedicated to increasing rural incomes by empowering farmers and rural entrepreneurs. CNFA assists smallholders in increasing household-level food security and nutrition through improved agricultural practices, introduction of new varieties, diversification of crop production, food preservation and storage, development of farmer-based organizations, and strengthened linkages to markets. CNFA has a successful track record of implementing agricultural development programs in 43 countries. www.cnfa.org
CNFA is currently seeking a Nutrition and SBCC Specialist to support an anticipated USAID-funded Feed the Future Orora Wihaze Activity in Kigali, Rwanda. The position supports the sustainable increase in availability, access, and consumption of animal source foods (ASF) through the development of a profitable market. The Activity will strengthen and develop a private-sector led animal source food value chain and increase demand for animal source foods through nutrition and behavior change communications.
CNFA is a global leader in building strong and stable agricultural value chains and has more than 30 years of successful project design and implementation in the Hinga Weze Activity in Rwanda and livestock and nutrition activities in Burkina Faso, Ethiopia, Niger, and Zimbabwe.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Nutrition and SBCC Officer will manage, oversee and provide technical oversight to activities related to nutrition and social and behavior change communications around animal source foods, and will be responsible for ensuring the execution of a sustainable nutrition and SBCC strategy that engages communities and local stakeholders. S/he will work with local partners and conduct regular site visits to ensure effective implementation while coordinating closely with other technical team leaders to increase impact of program interventions and ensure effective integration of activities.
- A Bachelor’s degree in nutrition, public health, or other relevant fields; Master’s preferred;
- At least seven (7) years of relevant experience in technical, capacity building, and leadership experience of nutrition or social and behavior change communication development programs;
- Familiarity with agribusiness, agricultural value chains and ASF is considered beneficial;
- Strong interpersonal skills with evidence of ability to engage productively with a wide range of organizations, beneficiaries and related parties (e.g., producers, government, private sector, non-governmental organizations, and research and training institutions);
- Excellent team management skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English are required; oral and written fluency in Kinyarwanda and/or French is desirable;
- Previous Experience in Rwanda is preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. CNFA takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.