5. OPERATIONS AUDIT MANAGER
Reports to: Director of Internal Audit
Department: Internal Audit
Age Limit: 40
Education & experience
- Bachelor‘s Degree in Business or Finance, CPA (R)/ ACCA qualification
- Desirable: Masters Degree in Finance or MBA, CISA
- Experience:3 years experience in auditing at managerial level or 5-year experience in auditing at other lower levels
Skills & knowledge
- Thorough knowledge of financial services/Microfinance industry policies and industry development
- Thorough knowledge of financial and regulatory requirements as relates to Financial institutions
- Accounting principles and procedures including International Accounting standards and auditing standards and best practice from relevant institutions such as Rwanda Accountants Institute guidelines
- Up to date knowledge of internal audit issues and trend especially risk-based internal audit
- Strong Analytical skills;
- Report writing and presentation skills.
- Investigation and probing skills
- Broad knowledge of industry and operations
- Working under the supervision of the HOD, participate in developing policy, procedure, and systems for the department, including documentation where necessary, revise operations, accounting, procurement, HR, and MIS Manuals in order to ensure adherence to USACCO Policy, statutory requirements, and reporting requirements.
- Work with Finance and ICT, Business development and operations, credit administration departments in reviewing systems, and establishing appropriate procedures where they may not exist.
- Establish a process for controlling transactions and processes to ensure that these comply with the policy, statutory and reporting requirements.
- Carry out regular and periodic inspections of all processes, policies, and procedures, ensuring that they comply with statutory requirements and best practices
- Regularly inspect USACCO records and transactions and evolve scrutiny methodology that ensures compliance and sets standards to be adhered to for such from time to time.
- Keep abreast of the latest developments in the finance, banking, audit, and accounting fields with a view to enhancing internal audit function as a key contributor to USACCO strategy.
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned by the Supervisor
- Audit system compatible with organizations' growth.
- Adherence to internal controls across the organization.
- Timely and accurate audit reports.
- Risk report with a proposed action plan.
- Report on productivity and efficiency with recommendations on areas of cost savings and improvements.
- Quarterly reports on quantifiable/verifiable achievements