SCOPE OF WORK
Rwanda Nguriza Nshore
DAI works at the cutting edge of international development, combining technical excellence, professional project management, and exceptional customer service to solve our clients’ most complex problems. Since 1970, DAI has worked in 150 developing and transition countries, providing comprehensive development solutions in areas including crisis mitigation and stability operations, democratic governance and public sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, HIV/AIDS, avian influenza control, water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change. Clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and host-country governments.
The purpose of Nguriza Nshore (“Lend so that I may invest”) is to drive rural economic growth through facilitating the emergence of a dynamic agribusiness sector. By alleviating constraints to investment and increasing access to financing, Nguriza Nshore will facilitate the creation and growth of small to medium agribusinesses, as an entry point for broader growth, to provide productive employment for rural populations and reduce poverty. By working with financial institutions, investors, public and private sector business development service providers, and a variety of Government of Rwanda ministries and initiatives, Nguriza Nshore will be the catalyst that strengthens and improves existing public-private platforms that support investment from international, local, bank and non-bank sources, creating a better-functioning finance and investment ecosystem.
The Operations Manager reports to the Director of Finance and Administration. S/he will be responsible for:
- Oversee all human resources operations on the project, including recruitment, hiring, employee on‐boarding, staff orientation, performance reviews, and disciplinary action in compliance with USAID rules and regulations, DAI policies, and local labor laws.
- Facilitate recruitment and hiring process by advertising vacancies, shortlisting resumes, scheduling and observing interviews, collecting required documents, checking references, and verifying salary history.
- Coordinate and supervise the preparation of employment agreements for staff.
- Train supervisors charged with conducting evaluations of staff members in their units and monitor compliance with the process.
- Mitigate and resolve human resource conflicts and issues, seeking assistance and guidance from the Director/Finance and Administration Manager or other senior staff members as needed.
- Develop and maintain the Human Resources Management section of the Nguriza Nshore Field Operations Manual, ensuring updates as needed.
- Maintain personnel files in hard copy and TAMIS for all long-term and short-term project staff.
- Work with the Chief of Party and Director of Finance and Administration to fill surge capacity technical needs, including identifying and hiring long‐term and short‐term technical experts in a timely fashion.
- Supervise the logistics team in their monitoring on the supply of goods and services for quality and price competitiveness.
- Oversee the administration of the Kigali office, including coordinating equipment maintenance with the relevant departments and managing the procurement of office supplies and other operational needs.
- Other relevant duties as required.
- Trains, supervises, and mentors Administrative Assistant and Drivers.
- At least 6 years of work experience in human resources, recruitment, office administration, and other relevant areas.
- Knowledge of local laws and USAID rules and regulations related to personnel management and compliance.
- Previous supervisory experience for office/HR teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- Professional level oral and written skills in English.
Interested candidates should apply here: https://fs9.formsite.com/daisuppliers/form19/index.html by June 30, 2018.