Status: Full-time contracted position
Report to: Country Manager
Supervises: Operations Coordinators
Travel required: As needed
One Sight is an independent non-profit with solutions, people and resources to eradicate the vision care crisis for good. We believe that when the world sees better, the world lives better and that with clear vision, we can take on humanity’s greatest challenges. Together with donors, volunteers, partners, and sponsors, we bring eye exams, glasses and permanent vision centers to the individuals and places that need eye care the most. We have impacted over 9 million people in 46 countries and counting- creating opportunity and sustainable change along the way. In Rwanda, we have been present since 2015 and we have currently set up 15-vision centers countrywide.
General Function- One Sight is looking for an Operations Manager who will be accountable for the following program-related competencies including; drive for results, talent enhancement, coach and develop, building collaborative relationship, critical thinking, motivate and influence.
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Country Manager to build, develop and grow strategies vital to the success of the programme in Rwanda.
- Working closely with the Operations team and the in-country partners execute and implement strategies that will deliver all KPI targets and strategies developed for the programme
- Work closely with the Ministry of Health and Country Manager to identify sites for new VCs.
- Supervise and Coach all Operations Coordinators
- Play a leadership role together with the other managers in Rwanda
- Manage and work within the operations budget
- Work closely with the Finance Manager to develop the Operations aspect of the home office budget as well as the Vision center budget.
- Lead on all analysis of data for Vision centers. This includes the development of graphs and related visual tools.
- Provide all operations report on time to the lead supervisor e.g. Country Manager and/or Regional expansion and development manager
- Maintain a close working relationship with the Lab and Logistics Manager to ensure excellent delivery of the service
- Collaborate with MOH and hospital management to select key talent to staff vision centers with the appropriate workforce.
- Develop and maintain relationships with current and future vision center Eye Unit staff to teach them the skills necessary to deliver all key metrics.
- Weekly upward communications to Country Manager and all senior project managers on deliverables.
- Hold your team accountable to their job description and key metrics; Operations Coordinators
- Collaborating with MoH to maintain necessary relationships needed to deliver key metrics.
- Ensure all monitoring tools are used consistently and effectively as per guidelines developed.
- Ensure data compliance at all Vision centers
- Ensure vision centers are compliant with 12-step audit.
- Ensure vision centers are compliant with inventory control and replenishment processes.
- Ensure vision centers are compliant with order entry process.
- Ensure vision center staff members are compliant with all QA processes.
- Ensure vision center staff members are compliant with all sales model behaviors ensuring all KPI metrics are achieved.
- Ensure vision center staff members are compliant with all policies, procedures, and behaviors in the Operations Manual.
- Take ownership and accountability on all OneSight supplied equipment.
- Ensure proper Marketing and Awareness strategies are in place to drive traffic to the vision centers.
- Transfer skills to in-country Hospital Staff to ensure the transition of duties in a phased manner
- Any other duties assigned by Country Manager
Experience and Qualification
- Bachelors’ degree or higher
- Experience of 2 to 3 years managing team of 6 or more people
- NGO related experience
- Worked in the Development field, health care will be an added bonus
- Proven record of Monitoring and Evaluation
- Understanding of Programme management
- Experience working with government projects
- Ability to demand forecast
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Fluent in English (French is an added advantage)
- Computer skills (MS Office)
Compensation and Allowances
- Contracted position
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in the description.
Candidates who meet the above criteria should send their CV’s to JOBSRWANDA@QSOURCING.COM not later than 24th October 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Any further Inquiries can be made at our Q Sourcing offices at the MTN Center Nyarutarama 2nd Floor or email firstname.lastname@example.org