OPERATIONS MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION
Aheza Fortified Food Ltd (AFF) is a food processing limited liability Company launched in 2015 by the Ihangane Project, an International NGO intervening in health sector in Ruli, in Northern Province of Rwanda. The Ihangane Project started Fortified Food project initially to cater for its clinical nutrition program, especially for the expectant and breast-feeding mothers and their infants up to 2 years located in Ruli District Hospital catchment area. Aheza Fortified Food Limited mission is to eliminate childhood malnutrition in East Africa. And the factory is installed in Gatagara village, Ruli sector, Gakenke district Northern Province of Rwanda. To fulfill this mission, the company produces fortified flours by applying vitamins and minerals.
The purpose of the Operations Manager is to oversee the entire facility in every aspect. Ensuring safety, quality and maximum productivity at all levels. The company, customers and workers benefit from the work done by the manager ensuring safe quality products to all the customers on a timely basis.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Drive manufacturing performance by directing all production in the plant, to meet schedules that allow for superior customer satisfaction and high plant efficiency by establishing and executing operating plans and objective
- Coordinate and lead plant operations to continuously improve plant safety, quality and productivity.
- Plan the use of human resources.
- Organize recruitment and placement of required staff.
- Delegate tasks and accountabilities.
- Establish work schedules, Supervise staff, Monitor and evaluate performance.
- Make decisions about equipment use, maintenance, modification and procurement;
2. Provide plant floor supervision and leadership to ensure compliance with all company quality standards.
- Expected to adhere to safe work practices, follow GMP and HACCP guidelines, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained. Report to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Work out and implement standard operating procedures for production operations;
- Ensure that standard operating, health and safety procedures are adhered to;
- Monitor quality standards of products and implement and enforce quality control and tracking programs to meet quality objectives;
- Analyze production and quality control to detect and correct problems;
- Determine and implement improvements to the production process.
3. Responsible for financial management role
- Set and manage production budgets and costs;
- Supporting better management reporting, information flow and management, business process and organizational planning to help meet projected profitability targets and business results;
- Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency efforts through improvements to each operation as well as coordination and communication within and outside the business company;
- Lead corrective action and problem solving activities and participate in continuous improvement activities.
- Prepare and maintain production reports;
- Assist Senior Managers in financial management and reporting activities.
- Develop operational initiatives to achieve financial goals.
- Monitor and manage expenses within the established budget
4. Build and maintain positive relationships with internal and external customers.
- Ensure efficient collaboration and coordination of relevant processes including procurement, distribution and management.
- Drive and champion risk reduction activities.
- Staff, manage, coach, motivate, train and assess performance of production and operations employees, both exempt and nonexempt by review the performance of staff and organize necessary interventions for improvement.
- Plans, organizes, assigns, and supervises the work of a number of diversified personnel engaged in food preparation and service.
- Observes quality of food service and gives instructions for maintenance of high standards.
- Manage customer support. Plan and support sales and marketing activities.
- Performs related work as required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s degree in Food Science or a related field and five years of supervising experience in a production environment or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Key Skills and Competencies
- Passion for Social Enterprise and Social Impact
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Planning and organizing
- Communication skills
- Influencing and leading
- Team work
- Conflict management
- Stress tolerance.
How to Apply
The closing date for submission of applications is August 13rd, 2021. No late applications be accepted.