Contract Recruitment Notice
Paper Crown Rwanda
Position: Part-time Accountant
Expected start date: July 1, 2020
Hours: Approx. 15-20 hours per week
Type of contract: Part-time contractor / consultant (non-staff position)
Length of contract: 12 months, inclusive of the initial probationary period
Summary of the role:
The accountant will be responsible for managing Paper Crown Rwanda’s (PCR) organizational finances, particularly in terms of project-specific grant funds received by PCR.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Oversee the financial operations of the organization and ensure timely and accurate financial reports and practices including cash management, payroll, financial disbursements, ledgers, donor reports, project budgets, etc.
- Responsible for entering financial information and maintaining all financial records for projects and for the organization
- Develop user-friendly tools and procedures for a financial accounting and reporting system, in line with PCR’s financial management framework as outlined in our finance manual
- Produce detailed financial reports related to project budgets, accounts payable/receivable, expenditures, petty cash, donor reporting, etc.
- Manage project-specific grant funds for the life of a project, including monitoring budgets, expense records, petty cash, and donor-related information for tracking and reporting
- Bank runs (if/when needed) and management of digital banking systems for online payments, etc.
- Manage any relevant tax requirements/processes as defined by Rwandan tax laws relating to local NGOs
Required competencies and skills:
- Prior work experience with an NGO in the Rwandan context is mandatory, minimum one year
- Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration, preference ACCA or CPA
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- High degree of proficiency with accounting and administration procedures
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the Rwandan tax system, particularly for Rwandan NGOs
- A flexible, collaborative team player with a high degree of integrity and honesty
- Fluency in English (both oral and written) and ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Timeliness and professionalism are of extreme importance for this role
- Applicants must be registered to work in Rwanda with a valid TIN number
Compensation: Based on current market rates for Rwanda, and commensurate with experience. This role can be performed remotely in part and can be undertaken alongside other work assignments upon prior agreement with PCR.
To apply: Please send a detailed cover letter and an updated CV highlighting the most relevant areas of your prior experience (including at least three professional references to be contacted) by June 1, 2020, to firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more about our work, please visit www.paper-crown.org