University of Global Health Equity (UGHE) Butaro, Rwanda
Job title: Plumber
Report to: Facilities Manager
Business/Department: Infrastructure Department
Contract type: Permanent
Location: Burera District
University of Global Health Equity (UGHE) is on a mission to radically change the way health care is delivered around the world. UGHE is a new university based in Rwanda that is building the next generation of global health professionals—doctors, nurses, researchers, and public health and policy experts—into leaders and change-makers who strive to deliver more equitable, quality health services for all. UGHE is pioneering a new way of training leaders who will emerge ready to develop health care services and systems that connect neglected communities with essential and life-saving attention. UGHE has established in 2014 thanks to a visionary partnership of the Cummings Foundation, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Partners in Health, and the Rwandan Government.
Reporting to the Campus Plumber, the candidate will be responsible for undertaking various plumbing maintenance tasks and occasional new installation works in order to achieve a high level of service delivery. The individual will be based at UGHE Butaro campus but will work at other UGHE sites/campus-based on needs. The candidate must demonstrate a sound knowledge of all plumbing building services and demonstrate ability to work on own initiative. We are looking for a hands-on, skilled, enthusiastic, innovative, dynamic plumber who will drive and sustain our plumbing systems.
- Main duties
Working as part of the Facilities Maintenance Team, as one of the Multi-Skilled plumber, you will be responsible for:
- Maintaining high-quality plumbing installations, repairs, and maintenance of the campus buildings.
- Playing a key role in planning and completing a range of planned maintenance works associated with plumbing encompassing leakages repairs, taps, showerhead, sinks, toilet installation, and repairs, STP maintenance works, water tanks installation and repair, sewage drainage preventive maintenance, grease trap maintenance, rainwater drainage.
- Completing proactive inspections and any required remedial repairs and monitoring and managing equipment operation via UGHE facilities maintenance systems; BIM 360 Ops.
- Conducting preventive maintenance and repairs on plumbing equipment.
- Conducting preventive maintenance and repairs on laundry machines.
- Support installations, analysis, and acceptance of new plumbing equipment.
- Facilitate to ensure tools attain all plumbing safety requirements.
- Conducting all plumbing maintenance and repairs of the campus.
- Recommend changes or upgrades to plumbing systems to increase productivity and functionality.
- Producing a maintenance material list with and recommending their required specifications and vendors.
- Producing reports of the maintenance activities done.
- Work hand to hand with the campus plumber and assist him in work planning.
- Ensuring regular availability of water on campus.
- Conduct any other duties assigned to him/her by his line manager.
2. Job Specification and requirements
- Demonstrate previous knowledge & experience in a plumbing Maintenance role maintenance services.
- Holding a Plumbing TVET or Diploma certificate or equivalent.
- At least 5 years of work experience.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of building services.
- Being able to use hand tools and complete any plumbing maintenance task by himself.
- Sound administration skills with an understanding of the importance of paperwork and the accuracy and timeliness of submission of same.
- Being able to take instructions and offer advice when needed.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills.
- Have computer knowledge; ie., emails, Microsoft Words, Excel,..
- Able to speak English and Speaking French in addition to these, will be an added value.
- Formally trained in plumbing works.
- Previously worked in a campus or any other multi-user environment.
- Experience in attending to requests from different customers.
How to apply
Candidates should submit a CV and a cover letter detailing their interest and aptitude for this position by the link:https://www.pih.org/pages/employment?p=job%2FofUMgfwV
The deadline: 3rd October 2021