Plumber Technician / Building Maintenance
The Rwanda Institute for Conservation Agriculture (RICA) is a unique and innovative English language undergraduate institution dedicated to preparing the next generation of agricultural leaders of Rwanda and East Africa.
We are seeking a Plumber Technician who should be competent in plumbing works (repairing toilets, sinks, piping systems). The goal of the Plumbing Technician is to maintain the buildings and common areas in the best possible condition.
- Perform maintenance of plumbing systems (toilets, sinks, showers, pipes).
- Assist in the setup of ventilation, refrigeration and other systems and conduct repairs when necessary.
- In the event of any emergency, this position will respond to conditions such as rain and windstorms - and will continue working as needed, with personal protection equipment (e.g. overalls, rain jackets, umbrellas).
- Attend crew meetings, work planning, and training sessions.
- No education required.
- Physically fit and healthy.
- Basic understanding of electrical systems, plumbing systems, and other systems related to building maintenance and repair.
- Willingness to live within 5km of RICA Campus in Bugesera, and able to commute to work by bicycle or walking on foot.
- Attention to detail and pride in work.
- Basic writing and reading skills.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit your application form using the following link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdZ9uVoIarfhCa40gy2wnEx1V563WPHPnaniQu5h_v7FuabgA/viewform?usp=sf_link
- A resume or CV.
- Official degree certificate for highest degree obtained.
- List of three (3) recommenders with contact information.