POLICY REFORM AND BUSINESS ENABLING ENVIRONMENT SPECIALIST
SCOPE OF WORK
Rwanda Nguriza Nshore
DAI works at the cutting edge of international development, combining technical excellence, professional project management, and exceptional customer service to solve our clients’ most complex problems. Since 1970, DAI has worked in 150 developing and transition countries, providing comprehensive development solutions in areas including crisis mitigation and stability operations, democratic governance and public sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, HIV/AIDS, avian influenza control, water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change. Clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and host-country governments.
The purpose of Nguriza Nshore (“Lend so that I may invest”) is to drive rural economic growth through facilitating the emergence of a dynamic agribusiness sector. By alleviating constraints to investment and increasing access to financing, Nguriza Nshore will facilitate the creation and growth of small to medium agribusinesses, as an entry point for broader growth, to provide productive employment for rural populations and reduce poverty. By working with financial institutions, investors, public and private sector business development service providers, and a variety of Government of Rwanda ministries and initiatives, Nguriza Nshore will be the catalyst that strengthens and improves existing public-private platforms that support investment from international, local, bank and non-bank sources, creating a better-functioning finance and investment ecosystem.
The Policy Reform and Business Enabling Environment Specialist reports to the Chief of Party. S/he will:
- Provide day-to-day leadership, management, and technical direction for Component 3.
- Lead and assist in efforts supporting business enabling environment reforms in Nguriza Nshore’s target sectors to facilitate investment promotion.
- Work with government and the private sector to advocate, modify, and improve policies, regulations, and administrative procedures that improve the competitiveness of SMEs and enable deeper financial sector service delivery.
- Master’s in law, international development, public/business administration, international relations, other social sciences, or a similar relevant field.
- Minimum 8 years of relevant technical experience working with activities that are of a similar scope and scale;
- Technical experience in policy reform, legislative development, advocacy and capacity building.
- Experience collaborating with government representatives and the private sector to improve policies and business environment.
- Professional level oral and written skills in English.
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Interested candidates should apply here: https://fs9.formsite.com/daisuppliers/form19/index.html by June 30, 2018.