Title: Principal Geologist
Qualification and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Geoscience or equivalent.
- Knowledge and experience of active mining sites including grade control practices and supporting mine planning activities.
- Knowledge and experience of exploration projects including both diamond and RC drilling campaigns.
- Experience in project management including the high-level judgment in the planning and organization of geology work.
- Ability to compile comprehensive, high-quality reports and maps in accordance with the standard.
- Experience working in the mining industry for at least 5yrs.
- Good working knowledge of geological software including micro mini with the ability to train others for the performance of routine tasks.
- Leadership capability on handling, delegating, training and conducting performance review for technical services staff.
Providing specialist geological services. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Develop regional targets to the level of drill targets.
- Prepare work plans and budgets for fieldwork and investigations
- Manage execution of fieldwork and oversee work of junior geologists
- Train graduate national geologists in appropriate field exploration skills and standards
- Maintain highest QAQC standards throughout all work
- Maintain and develop a safe working culture and working environment
- Manage drilling activities at the project site and maintain communication/relationship with drilling supervisors.
- Link regional work to detailed exploration and mining work from trial mining.
- Compile monthly reports on exploration activities
Resource Development and Support of Trial Mining
- Assist with development and implementation of grade sampling SOP’s at the trial mining areas
- Assemble an up to date, clean Micromine database and project for the trial mining and grade sampling
- Maintain up to date digitized mapping of underground developments
- Contribute to the ongoing development of the deposit model and build this data into future resource expansion activities.
- Manage underground drilling activities
- Assist geotechnical consultants with data requirements and ensure appropriate information is recorded from the mine as it develops
- Assist the mining team with mine planning activities
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications and attach below documents via email to HR@Piran-resources.com
Addressed to; The General Manager Piran Rwanda Ltd explaining your suitability for the position,
- Curriculum vitae with 3 referee names.
- Copy of a degree.
- Copy of National Identity Card.
- The deadline for application is Thursday 22 December 2019.
Only Shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.