Procurement and Logistics Manager to USAID Transforming Rwanda Medical Supply Project
SCOPE OF WORK
Rwanda Medical Supply Ltd seeks to recruit a Procurement and Logistics Manager for USAID Transforming Rwanda Medical Supply (TRMS) Project.
Rwanda Medical Supply Ltd is a state owned company created by the Government of Rwanda with a mandate of managing end to end health supply chain for Rwanda.
The vision of RMS Ltd is to ensure quality and timely availability of all health commodities to the public through a cost-efficient, sustainable, and effective supply chain. Drugs will be available throughout the country through an economical and financially sustainable supply chain that can meet current and future needs and manage increasing complexity.
The U.S. Agency for International Development (“USAID”) in partnership with Rwanda Medical Supply looks to procure and provide health commodities for USAID/Rwanda’s health program, including but not limited to HIV/AIDS, Malaria, Family Planning, and Maternal & Child Health through the TRMS (Transforming the Rwanda Medical Supply Chain) Project. The aim of TRMS is to address operational inefficiencies in Rwanda’s supply chain system such as lengthy procurement processes, poor inventory management and high end user mark-up.
RMS Ltd seeks to recruit a qualified candidate for the position of; Procurement and Logistics Manager for the USAID Transforming Rwanda Medical Supply Chain (TRMS) project.
The Procurement & Logistics Manager is responsible for overseeing all aspects of procuring of goods and services for the TRMS project while adhering to USAID and RMS procurement rules and regulations. S/he will also coordinate and ensure provision of logistical and administrative support for all project activities throughout Rwanda. The procurement and Logistics Manager will serve as the main point of contact for procurement issues related to this project.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure competitive procurement of safe and efficacious health commodities procured under this contract
- Review and validate procurement and inventory processes and documentation
- Ensure that requisition order notifications and commodity reception notifications and reports are complete and submitted in a timely manner
- Assist with operational planning for physical inventory and inspections
- Provide training and capacity building to RMS personnel in procurement and commodity logistics management
- Ensure that all procurement activities adhere to sound practices of fairness and transparency
- Report directly to the Head of Procurement and Quantification department RMS Ltd.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Master’s degree in procurement and supply chain with a minimum of seven years working experience in the pharmaceutical field. A CIPS certification is an added advantage.
- Experienced professional in the area of health commodities procurement at global, regional or national levels,
- Skilled in commodity supply planning, shipment and freight forwarding services,
- Demonstrated ability to maintain contingency plans and product risk management,
- Demonstrated ability to analyze the global health commodities marketing systems and project possible scenarios that will affect procurement and product availabilities,
- Skilled in supplier relationship management and performance management,
- Knowledgeable in health programs supply chains and factors affecting procurement and global market, and
- Familiarity with global industry standard procurement processes and requirements.
- Ability to gather and analyze information in order to make appropriate decisions
- Excellent written and spoken English skills
- Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, Excel. PowerPoint, knowledge of appropriate methods for data analysis, and reporting
Level of Effort and Location:
This is a contract based position and will be based in Kigali, Rwanda, with intermittent travel throughout the country
- Competitive salary package
- Health Insurance
How to apply
Interested persons should send their CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, include; “Rwanda Medical Supply Chain (TRMS) Procurement and Logistics manager” the subject heading of your e-mail. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All applications should be submitted, no later than Friday, May 7th, 2021.