Procurement and Logistics Officer
The Rwanda Institute for Conservation Agriculture (RICA) is a unique and innovative English language undergraduate institution dedicated to preparing the next generation of agricultural leaders of Rwanda and East Africa. Students at RICA will engage in curricular and co-curricular learning opportunities emphasizing Conservation Agriculture and One Health principles, oral and written communication, leadership, and entrepreneurship.
We are seeking a Procurement & Logistics Officer (PLO) who would assist in the procurement of materials, equipment, machinery, supplies, and services in accordance with RICA’s procurement policies and procedures. The PLO supports the Procurement and Logistics Manager in sourcing and selecting vendors and in implementing the computerization of record-keeping and of contract generation for all selected vendors. Their role is to help ensure an efficient procurement process as well as adherence to procurement regulations.
- Facilitates the placement of orders with suppliers, including orders for capital equipment, services or other items needed by the organization.
- Supports the implementation of best practices, including leading the automation upgrade of the procurement function to enable workflow.
- Monitors RICA compliance with Purchasing policies and procedures.
- Drafts purchase orders/purchase requisitions and ensure completeness and clarity.
- Prepares bids for issuance including drafting Requests for Proposal and undertaking bid evaluations for internal client departments.
- Carries out market surveys to identify prospective vendors.
- Assists in reviewing RICA’s purchases and explores cost-management strategies
- Proactively assists in working with all departments to ensure compliance with RICA policies.
- Contributes regularly to the revision and implementation of procurement policies and procedures to reflect best practices.
- Helps Inspect goods and services delivered to ensure conformity with requested specifications for confirmation;
- Facilitates the management of RICA’s fleet of vehicles and the allocation of transport resources.
- Supports RICA Operations/Facilities team with other financial, administrative, procurement and logistics needs on and off campus as requested.
- Must be able to work under minimal supervision,
- Must demonstrate good judgment and analytical thinking.
- Must be detail-oriented with the ability to
- Must be able to work in a complex, heavy volume and high-pressure
- Must be a team-player of unimpeachable character.
- Must have the ability to maintain a high level of
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications;
- At least two (2) years of relevant work experience in Procurement and Logistics Management or other related experience.
- Bachelor's degree or higher, preferably in Procurement, Inventory Management or Business Management or related field.
- Excellent English and Kinyarwanda comprehension and communication skills, both written and verbal; addition of French would be an advantage.
- Experience with computerized Purchasing systems preferred.
- Proficient with Quickbooks, OneDrive, Sharepoint and the Microsoft Office 365 environment as a whole preferred
HOW TO APPLY
- Fill the information required, upload and submit the documents in English to the link provided below.
Please combine your resume/CV with your degree certificate as one PDF file before you upload.
Application review will begin March 18, 2020, and will continue until a successful candidate is identified.
Richard B. Ferguson
Vice-Chancellor, Academics, Extension and Research