Employer: One Acre Fund
Job Title : Procurement Officer
Job Location: Kigali, with occasional travel to Rubengera
Deadline: 19th June 2018
Commitment: Long Term Career Position
Who We Are
One Acre Fund is a rapidly growing NGO in Kenya, Rwanda, Burundi, Malawi, Uganda, Tanzania, Zambia, Ethiopia and Myanmar that is innovating a new way of helping farm families to achieve their full potential. Instead of giving handouts, One Acre invests in farmers to generate a permanent gain in income. Our program is proven impactful – every year, we weigh thousands of harvests and measure more than 100% average gain in farm income per acre. In nine years we have grown to serve over 400,000 farm families with more than 3,000 full-time field staff. In three more years, we will at least quadruple in size, while adding several new countries. To help maintain this growth, we are looking for a Procurement Officer.
The Rwanda Procurement team is responsible for over $800,000 in spend each year across over 1,000 transactions and is responsible for all operational goods and service purchasing on behalf of over 100,000 smallholder farmers. This team purchases all items needed to keep our program running.
Working with the Procurement team requires frequent written and verbal communication with our suppliers as well as the various teams within One Acre Fund that we are procuring operational goods and services for. We are seeking a Procurement Officer to provide support to the Rwanda Procurement team in their daily operations.
Responsibilities of the Procurement Officer include:
- Market Research
- Conduct market research related to operational goods and/or services
- Reinforce OAF supplier database through continuous market research
- Assess prevailing market prices in order to estimate financial savings made through the Procurement team
- Maintain long-term business relationships with OAF suppliers
- Quality Assurance
- Quality check goods at delivery point and handle any quality/quantity issues with supplier
- Use quality checking tools/documents and share supporting documents with SAP Data Administrator in a timely manner
- Keep track of quality assurance activities and issues in dedicated tool/system
- Deliveries Management
- Negotiate best delivery/payment terms with suppliers
- Ensure on time pick-up of goods from suppliers’ premises and/or reception of delivered goods at OAF Kigali office
- Collect all purchases’ supporting documents from suppliers and share with SAP Data Administrator in a timely manner
- Manage procurement stock at OAF Kigali office
- Transport Management
- Coordinate with the Transport team to book cars for goods’ shipments
- Control loading and off-loading of goods at OAF Kigali office and Rubengera HQ
- Guarantee delivery traceability through use of dedicated documents/tools (e.g. delivery notes)
- Ensure shipments/deliveries are compliant with OAF transport policy
- Other administrative tasks
- Support the SAP Data Administrator with SAP procurement data entry
- Support Purchasing team on supplier and category management activities
- Provide support on procurement projects execution (e.g. supplier database maintenance)
- Other administrative tasks (e.g. documents printing, scanning)
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new high-level roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for our staff.
We are seeking exceptional professionals with experience in and a passion for procurement, supply chain or sales. Experience in an entrepreneurial environment is a plus.
Candidates that meet the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- A diploma/degree in procurement or supply chain is strongly preferred
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills with suppliers, peers and management
- You’re a dynamic and pro-active person with a can-do attitude
- Creativity and strong problem solving skills
- Hands-on person who doesn’t take no for an answer and constantly looks for alternative solutions to problems
- A passion for world class customer service
- Strong computer skills in at least Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint preferred
- Language: Fluent in English required, French preferred
Please click on this link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdCuyGjRuk3nXHMZN9aS53AyA_FucIG76UC8LR34oeQWdCRBg/viewform
You will be prompted to a form that must be completed. At the end of the form you will have the opportunity to write a motivational letter and upload your CV.
We are offering a world class professional and international environment that focuses on your career development and are looking forward to receiving your application.
Please Note: One Acre Fund will never ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. If you are being approached by someone demanding money, please do not hesitate to report this to the Tubura Fraud Hotline: (+250) 786 908 557 (Do not use this number for any purpose other than reporting fraud attempts. If you misuse his number and use it for general information about the position and not to report Fraud, we will not consider you for this position).
One Acre Fund is an equal opportunity employer; all candidates with legal working age will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, region, sex, disability status or any other characteristic protected by the law.