The British Council is the UK’s international organization for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
The British Council in Rwanda is currently looking for a Programme Manager to join our team in Kigali.
Program Manager will increase the impact of the British Council’s work in Education and Society and English for Education Systems through managing the planning, delivery, and evaluation of a portfolio of large-scale and local projects to meet the British Council’s objectives and targets and partner expectations. The post holder will manage a network of internal and external service providers and partners to meet all project targets, thereby ensuring our work is delivered to high quality, and with maximum effectiveness, efficiency and impact.
You will also have the following accountabilities:
- Project Management and Delivery- To implement a portfolio of large scale and local projects through partnerships to meet all project targets
- Risk management- To identify, assess, report and monitor progress in addressing risks to the achievement of project objectives.
- Budget and financial management- To manage project budgets and ensure that all financial transactions related to project activity are done to corporate standards
- Procurement- To ensure all procurement and contract for service are in line with corporate and client policy and that documentation is robust and stored appropriately for future reference
- Marketing and Communications- Where required, to ensure that a project is marketed internally and externally to the highest standards in print, digitally, and at events
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The person we are looking for should possess at least five years of working business and project management; Good written and spoken Kinyarwanda and English (Aptis – B2). The ability to work independently and as part of a team must be highly organized and deadline-oriented, with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail. Educated to Degree or Higher level; have experience of financial planning and management and proven success in working with customers, clients and/or partners and maintaining and developing stakeholder relationships
Please review the role profile on our jobs portal; If you meet the minimum requirements, we would like to hear from you!
All applicants will need to apply directly on the British Council Jobs Portal:
Closing date for applications is 27 February 2020 (23:59 UK Time
Pay Band:6 (Locally engaged contract) / Location: Kigali, Rwanda / (East Africa Cluster) / Contract Type: Fixed Term, one-year Contract/ Eligibility: All applicants should have a pre-existing legal status to live and work in Rwanda. The British Council will not facilitate/sponsor visa applications and work permits./ Deadline for application: 27 February 2020 (23:59 UK Time
British Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified female and disabled candidates