The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
The British Council in Rwanda is currently looking for a Programme Officer to join our team in Kigali.
The Programmes Officer will support to increase the impact of the British Council’s work in Education and Society and English for Education Systems through supporting the planning, delivery and evaluation of a portfolio of large-scale and local projects to meet the British Council’s objectives and targets and partner expectations.
- Support the delivery of projects in accordance with a business need, ensuring compliance with all donor/partner and corporate standards;
- Support the management of internal and external customer relationships through positive communication to ensure that projects maintain positive, mutually beneficial relations
- Assisting Programmes Manager in budget development and monthly cash outflow preparation
- Support Programmes Manager in Monitoring and Evaluation for projects outcomes and impacts to be measured and reported
- Support Programmes Manager to ensure projects are marketed to the highest standards according to the brand guidelines
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The person we are looking for should possess at least two years working in a reputable Organisation in a customer-facing role, as well as experience in logistics and procurement. You should also have the education to tertiary level at any disciplines and English Proficiency Level B2. You should have experience managing finances, using corporate financial systems and processes. The role holder will also have, strong organizational skills and ability to work effectively with tight deadlines and good working knowledge of Microsoft packages.
Please review the role profile on our jobs portal; If you meet the minimum requirements, we would like to hear from you!
All applicants will need to apply directly on the British Council Jobs Portal:
Closing date for applications is 27 February 2020 (23:59 UK Time
Pay Band:4 (Locally engaged contract) / Location: Kigali, Rwanda / (East Africa Cluster) / Contract Type: Fixed Term, one-year Contract/ Eligibility: All applicants should have a pre-existing legal status to live and work in Rwanda. The British Council will not facilitate/sponsor visa applications and work permits./ Deadline for application: 27 February 2020 (23:59 UK Time
British Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified female and disabled candidates.