The Legal Aid Forum (LAF) is a national civil society network of legal aid service providers. Our membership ranges from national and international NGOs, trade unions, faith-based associations, and professional bodies to University legal aid clinics, all working towards improving access to justice, legal aid, and Human rights in Rwanda.
In order to effectively accomplish its mission and vision, LAF is recruiting qualified and skilled individuals to fill the following vacant position within its Secretariat.
Qualifications and desired skills
Summary of key responsibilities
- Advanced degree in Law or other relevant social science fields with substantial experience in managing access to justice and legal aid projects;
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in managing access to justice and legal aid projects;
- Demonstrated knowledge of Rwanda Justice Sector
- Demonstrated knowledge of core project management skills;
- Excellent writing and legal research skills;
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities;
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written;
- Fluent in spoken and written English with working knowledge of French;
- Commitment for access to justice for venerable groups;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and collaborative management styles.
- Coordination of programs, projects, and initiatives;
- Overseeing the development of annual planning processes and LAF activities;
- Oversee research and monitoring and evaluation of LAF programs and projects;
- Quality control of programs, identifying potential challenges and addressing them in conjunction with the Management;
- Writing or contribute to the writing of project reports and donor reports;
- Preparing proposals, work plans, budgets, and progress reports;
- Provide input on the strategic direction of activities and identify opportunities for productive interventions;
- Participate in strategic planning and work plan development;
- Assess the capacity building needs and implement capacity building and professional development programs for LAF members and staff of the Secretariat;
- Assist the Executive Director where required in developing policies for sound management for programs;
- Contribute to the functioning of the Legal Aid Civil Society Fund, in conjunction with the M&E and Business Development Officer;
- Supervise and coach staff attached to the department of programs;
- Assist the Executive Director in developing strategic partnerships and strengthening linkage with donors, government institutions and civil society;
- Participate in meetings, workshops, seminars, and conferences particularly related to LAF activities /programs as designated by the Executive Director.
How to apply:
Those interested and fulfilling the requirements should send a CV, a short cover letter and a copy of the degree(s)/Certificate(s) electronically to email@example.com and cc firstname.lastname@example.org
Only PDF files will be considered. Please indicate in the subject of the email the position you are applying for such as “PM, Executive PA, and CS”. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.