AKADEMIYA2063 is an Africa-based non-profit research organization with headquarters in Kigali, Rwanda and a regional office in Dakar, Senegal. Inspired by the ambitions of Agenda 2063 and grounded in the recognition of the central importance of strong knowledge and evidence systems, the vision of AKADEMIYA2063 is an Africa with the expertise we need for the Africa we want. This expertise must be responsive to the continent’s needs for data and analysis to ensure high-quality policy design and execution. Inclusive, evidence-informed policymaking is key to meeting the continent’s development aspirations, creating wealth, and changing livelihoods for the better. AKADEMIYA2063’s overall mission is to create, across Africa and led from its headquarters in Rwanda, state-of-the-art technical capacities to support the efforts by the Member States of the African Union to achieve the key goals of the African Union’s Agenda 2063 of transforming national economies to boost growth and prosperity. Following from its vision and mission, the main goal of AKADEMIYA2063 is to help meet Africa’s needs at the continental, regional and national levels in terms of data, analytics, and mutual learning for the effective implementation of Agenda 2063 and the realization of its outcomes by a critical mass of countries. AKADEMIYA2063 strives to meet its goals through programs organized under five strategic areas—policy innovation, knowledge systems, capacity creation and deployment, operational support and data management, digital products, and technology—as well as partnerships and outreach activities. For more information, visit www.akademiya2063.org.
Position Title: Project Manager
Department: External Relations
Location: Kigali - Rwanda
Duration: One (1) year renewable
AKADEMIYA2063 seeks a qualified candidate to serve as a Project Manager in its Department of External Relations. Under the supervision of the Director of External Relations, the candidate will support research proposal development and the coordination and management of multiple research projects at AKADEMIYA2063. This is a one-year, renewable appointment based at AKADEMIYA2063’s headquarters in Kigali, Rwanda. The final position title will be based on experience. Interested applicants must have the proper authorization to work in Rwanda.
Duties and Responsibilities
Specific duties and responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
- Facilitate the preparation of proposals that meet donor requirements.
- Assist in the drafting research proposals.
- Prepare and monitor project work plans, project monitoring and learning plans, project calendars, and timelines.
- Communicate donor and project requirements to Scientists and Collaborators.
- Monitor project implementation and compliance with donor requirements.
- Coordinate timely project progress reporting among Scientists and Collaborators.
- Assist in drafting project progress reports and ensure timely submission of reports to donors.
- Coordinate arrangements and logistics for project meetings.
- Assist in preparing and maintaining key project documents and project websites.
- Assist in planning and organizing project workshops and training.
- Assist in preparing project outcome stories, brochures, reports, and presentations.
- Respond to requests for information about research projects.
- Maintain project minutes and related materials; and
- Carry out other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree in Applied Economics, Economics, International Development, Business Management, or a closely related field.
- Demonstrated experience in developing research proposals.
- Demonstrated experience in coordinating or managing multiple research projects involving multiple partners.
- Familiarity with agricultural and rural development issues in Africa.
- Knowledge of donor proposal and reporting requirements.
- Knowledge of project management methods and techniques.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Team-oriented spirit and strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and complete deliverables on time
- Ability to communicate with diverse audiences; and
- Professional level of attention to detail and accuracy of work
- Proficiency in French
- Project Management Professional Certification
Submission of Applications
If you are interested in this position, please send your detailed e-mail application, CV, and cover letter, in English, by February 10, 2023, to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please include the position title in the subject line.
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered
- This Job Description only serves as a guide for the available position. AKADEMIYA2063 reserves the right to change, revise, omit, and add in part / in whole to this document
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
- AKADEMIYA2063 is an equal opportunity employer and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
- By sending an application, candidates give consent for their personal data to be processed solely for applicable recruitment procedures.
- We thank all applicants for their interest in working for AKADEMIYA2063, due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted