PROJECT-BASED JAVA PROGRAMMING COURSE
ICT FOR ALL IN ALL LTD organized this course with the following objectives:
- To create strong and skilled Java Developers;
- To turn the idea into reality;
- To connect developers with investors, and the market as well;
- To sharpen developers with entrepreneurial skills to create jobs; and
- To prepare programmers to become community problem solvers
Six (6) Months
Kimironko, Kigali – Rwanda
This training is now offered at 60% partial scholarship. The student will be only required to pay registration fees and 40%.
The class will have 10 Students. This is to allow the trainers to follow up with the trainees with full care and attention, but also to maximize practical works for strong hands-on skills.
Some familiarity with programming; knowledge of C and/or C++ is especially helpful but it is not a must.
As the Java language was designed to facilitate object-oriented programming, we emphasize classes/objects, methods, console and file input/output, exceptions, and the concepts of inheritance, encapsulation, and polymorphism. We spend a significant amount of time covering the Java class hierarchy and discussing how to exploit the use of super-classes and interfaces to achieve coding efficiency, flexibility, maintainability, and generality.
We then spend several weeks learning about the development of graphical user interfaces (GUIs) in Java, including the use of layout managers and the design/installation of event listener objects. In the final weeks, we cover advanced topics including input/output streams, multi-threading/synchronization, internet networking, and database connectivity. At the conclusion of the course, the student will be expected to complete a project involving the design of a fairly complex Java program that consists of a GUI and utilizes at least two of the advanced programming areas. Along with this course, we will explore java frameworks and Advanced concepts of queries in databases.
This course has a uniqueness to train programmers who are ready for the market for both creating jobs and to be excellent java developers for community solutions. They will learn also to manage startups and businesses so that it will be easier to make their dreams true.
STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES:
- Students will design and implement programs in the Java programming language that make strong use of classes and objects.
- Students will learn to print formatted text to the console output and read/parse console input text using a Scanner object.
- Students will apply logical constructs for branching and loops as well as use iterative objects when appropriate.
- Students will learn to define classes and methods.
- Students will learn to create and access arrays and array lists, including those with references to generalized object types.
- Students will develop linked data structures such as lists and trees.
- Students will learn how to handle exceptions and errors. Students will design and implement custom checked and unchecked exception types.
- Students will become familiar with the use of input, output, and object stream objects. Students will use such streams for file processing as well as client/server communications tasks.
- Students will develop sophisticated, interactive user interfaces using the Java Swing class and appropriate layout managers.
- Students will also be exposed to advanced topics including multithreading, internet networking, and JDBC database connectivity (time permitting).
- Students will explore java frameworks.
- Students will explore web development fundamentals and concepts
- Students will be introduced to the fundamentals of the Python language
- Students will interact with advanced database queries
- Students will complete the course as java skilled developers and with a market-ready project.
- Students will be introduced to project planning and management topics to compete in the present market professionally.
PROGRESSIVE SKILLS EVALUATION:
Class practices (exercises): 800+
Mini projects: 4+
Market ready project: 1
Students are expected to be present at all class lectures. If a student is absent from class on the due date of any assignment, they are expected to make alternative arrangements to assure that the assignment is turned in on time.
TRAINING REQUIREMENT DEADLINES:
A certificate of completion will be given to only those who fully completed the program with an implemented project. The late submissions are not considered.
TRAINING ETHICS AND HONESTY STATEMENT:
Scholastic dishonesty is a violation of the Code of Student Conduct. Scholastic dishonesty includes, but is not limited to, cheating on a test, plagiarism, and collusion. "All students enrolled shall follow the tenets of common decency and acceptable behavior conducive to a positive learning environment." Academic dishonesty includes, but is not limited to, cheating on tests, plagiarism, and collusion. Any of these acts may result in being suspended from the program immediately.
The trainee must have a well-working laptop that we suggest i3 (Minimum processor), 4GB (Minimum RAM size), and 320GB (Minimum Hard disk size); we highly recommend higher capacities for the minimum suggested.
APPLICATION & SELECTION PROSESS:
All applications will be submitted online through the email: email@example.com and copy (cc) firstname.lastname@example.org. The applicant should explain the reasons that push him/her to take the course and deeply explain the project idea. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. The application will close on 23th May 2021; 11:59 PM (GMT+2).