VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT 1
Project Coordinator at AEE Rwanda
Job Title: Project Coordinator
Reports To: Head of Programs
About African Evangelistic Enterprise (AEE) Rwanda
AEE is a Christian local relief, development, and advocacy organization established in 1987 and dedicated to working with children, families, and their communities to address root causes of poverty and injustice. AEE’s relief and development work is accomplished through programs of health, nutrition, agriculture, education, peacebuilding and reconciliation, emergency response, and youth/women entrepreneurship. AEE works closely with CRS to promote Inclusive Nutrition and Early Childhood Development initiatives in both rural and urban settings.
The Inclusive Nutrition and Early Childhood Development (INECD) activity will promote nurturing and responsive care practices, especially in the areas of health, functioning, nutrition, and early childhood development (ECD) for caregivers and children. Specifically, the activity aims to improve health and nutrition outcomes among women of reproductive age and adolescents and improve infant and young child feeding practices. It also aims to address child development gaps and significant unmet physical rehabilitation and assistive technology (rehab/AT) and social inclusion needs for infants and children. The activity will focus on community-level service delivery, community-health facility linkages, and district-level capacity development, as well as address issues of inclusion and participation, including access to programs and services for children and adults with disabilities, in line with Government of Rwanda priorities.
The coordinator will manage, coordinate, and monitor project activities in INECD’s Central Cluster and relationships with project stakeholders to assist the achievement of the Inclusive Nutrition and Early Childhood Development (INECD) project objectives and advancing AEE’s work serving the poor and vulnerable. Your project management/coordination skills and knowledge of the program area will ensure that AEE delivers high-quality programming and continuously works towards improving the impact of this project.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- You will lead technical, budget management, monitoring, and reporting cluster’s activities through most of the project cycle – start-up, implementation, and close-out – in line with AEE’s program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, GoR’s policies, and strategy, and good practices.
- Participate with INECD technical and grant teams in Local implementers annual planning, budgeting, and compilation of monthly, quarterly, and annual reports (both reports to donor and government).
- Manage/coordinate cluster’s team dynamics and staff well-being. Provide coaching, strategically tailor individual development plans, contribute to the recruitment process of project staff, and complete performance management for direct reports.
- Ensure learning properly accompanies cluster project activities throughout the project cycle. Support accountability through coordinating project evaluation activities following MEAL
Policy. Proactively identify issues, report them to inform adjustments to plans and implementation schedules.
- Engage and strengthen partnerships relevant to INECD applying the appropriate application of partnership concepts, tools, and approaches.
- Represent the organization with different working groups, relevant partners, and relevant local government and community actors for INECD areas.
- Coordinate activities required for ensuring the financial, material, and human resources for the quality implementation of the project. Conduct periodic budget reviews and follow-up with project staff on timely submission of financial reports to facilitate proper tracking of resource use.
- Identify staff capacity needs and technical assistance needs of project staff and contribute to capacity strengthening and required interventions to support quality project implementation.
- Work closely with MEAL Officer to ensure that the MEAL system effectively tracks district-level project performance, providing additional support as needed.
- Assist with preparation of trend analysis reports and disseminate results. Review project documentation to ensure the project file is complete with all required documentation and is filed per AEE and donor requirements.
- Coordinate and compile project deliverables coming from partners and AEE staff at the cluster level to ensure the submission of timely and high-quality reports and plans.
- A Postgraduate Diploma in International Relations or in the field of nutrition, ECD or disability inclusion, or another related field is required.
- Minimum of 4 years of work experience in project management, ideally in the field of nutrition, ECD, or disability inclusion, and for an NGO.
- Additional experience may substitute for some education.
- Oral and written fluency in English and Kinyarwanda. French is a plus.
Travel – The position is Kigali based.
Must be willing and able to travel to the field, up to 50 % of the time.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills with the ability to make sound judgments.
- Strong relationship management skills and ability to work effectively with stakeholders.
- Ability to write and contribute to written reports
- Proactive, results-oriented, and service-oriented
- Attention to details, accuracy, and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities
- Relevant grant management experience, especially for USG or other public donors, is a plus.
- Staff supervision experience.
- Experience working with stakeholders at various levels and strengthening community partnerships.
- Ability to contribute to the development of technical proposals, a plus.
- Experience in analyzing data and contributing to evaluation reports.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
How to apply:
Please submit the following documents in a single file attachment on the following email firstname.lastname@example.org (please indicate in the subject -application for Project Coordinator).
- Motivation/application letter explaining your suitability for the position (maximum 1page)
- Curriculum Vitae (maximum 2 pages) and notarized copies of academic documents
- 2 referees that are not blood relatives with their full address/contact.
- Recommendation from your Church leader, issued within 6 months period
- Copy of your National ID
Deadline for application: Wednesday 20th October 2021 at 5 pm.
Please, include the below statement in your motivation letter:
“By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that AEE requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics”
Due to the anticipated high interest in this post and the expected number of applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Kigali, Rwanda October 11, 2021