13th January 2020
To provide a ladder of opportunity to underserved communities in Rwanda, as we proclaim and live the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
We share the hope of Christ as we provide financial services and biblically-based training that restore dignity and break the cycle of poverty.
The love of Jesus Christ motivates us to identify with those living in poverty and be His hands and feet as we strive to glorify God.
Project Management Intern
Urwego Bank Plc is dedicated to providing financial services to the people of Rwanda. Motivated by Jesus Christ’s call to serve those in need. Its mission is to achieve economic spiritual transformation in the lives of underserved, using financial services and tested trainings as we share Jesus Christ’s love.
Urwego Bank wishes to recruit 1 qualified, competent and proactive Project Management Intern at the Head Office who will Promote and fulfill the mission of Urwego Bank.
Job Title: Project Management Intern
Reporting to: Customer Engagement and Project Manager
Location: Head Office
The Project Management Intern is expected to assist the marketing/L, M&E team in Wrike Projects Management and Grant Coordination.
Promote and fulfill Urwego Bank’s 3Ms as listed above while working within a Christ-centered environment that is mission-driven, community-oriented and results-driven.
Spiritual Integration and Christian Witness
1. Ensure a personal, healthy spiritual balance within a family, work, and church life through the adoption of biblical personal and spiritual disciplines; and
2. Conduct daily work, make decisions and help Urwego Bank make decisions in a way that witnesses to the presence, power, and love of Jesus and the reality of his Kingdom on earth.
Wrike Projects Management
- Track project completion in Wrike and remind the project owner of upcoming deadlines
- Ensure key projects to achieve strategic plan are on-track
- Prepare reports for the executive team and senior managers regarding the status of projects.
- Work closely with involved teams while providing support where needed in the project, primarily tracking spending/unspent and keeping records, documenting and monitoring the use of project funding proceeds, monitoring and coordinating the deliverable targets and coordinating the preparation of and submitting reports to your direct supervisor on a timely manner
- Coordinate and participate in a once a month meeting to understand the progress of the projects and if any particular support is required from HO
- Gather and present accurate information collected from the field (from both staff and clients) on monthly bases to your supervisor
- Provide detailed reports to your supervisor once a quarter and management with respect to the projects’ progress
- Ensure that the funds are utilized in a proper way as planned
- Field visits once at least once a month to assess clients’ needs/satisfaction of our service
- Great understanding of the organization, departments, and its functions
- Degree in Finance OR Accounting
- Must be organized and attentive to details
- Good analytical and presentation skills
- Excellent communication (verbal and written in English and Kinyarwanda) and interpersonal skills
- Effective relation-building capability in order to maintain a good relationship with all departments and its staff, management, and (donors or stakeholders if ever needed)
Other skills required
- Personal confession of faith in Jesus Christ and commitment to the mission of Urwego Bank;
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of service and response to field and head office leaders;
- Microsoft skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Google docs and experience with other Microsoft Office Suite products; and
Experience with project management software is an added advantage but not required.
How to apply
- Interested and eligible applicants should send the following documents to UrwegoHR@urwegobank.com not later than 27th January 2020 at 5 pm.
- Applications should be addressed to the HR Department
- Motivation letter explaining your suitability for the position,
- Curriculum vitae with 2 referee names,
- Degree Certificate, Copy of ID and additional certificates if any.
- Recommendation from your Church with a validity of not less than 6 Months
- Statement of Faith.
Only selected candidates will be contacted
Urwego Bank PLC