Vacancy: Project Manager
Applied Monitoring Solutions Ltd (AMS Ltd), is a planning, monitoring, evaluation and research firm that is part a consortium of local organizations implementing BahoNeza Project. BahoNeza is a 3-year project of the Ministry of Health (MOH) aimed at achieving an overall increase in contraceptive prevalence and at improving the quality, access, and utilization of reproductive maternal newborn and child health services. The scope of the project includes periodic outreach campaigns to increase the utilization of reproductive health services, construction of health posts at the cell level to improve coverage and access to health services, increasing public awareness on sexual reproductive health and rights, strengthening of health care providers’ capacity to offer sexual and reproductive health services, and facilitating Community Health Workers (CHWs) to provide maternal and newborn health (MNH), family planning (FP) services in the community as an effort to reach universal access to health. The project also aims to build the sustainable capacity of providers at a health post in the monitoring and evaluation of health services.
As part of the consortium, AMS Ltd. is seeking a Project Manager who will be directly responsible for the day-to-day implementation of AMS activities in BahoNeza Project through planning, coordination, oversight, and monitoring of activities related to the project and by providing effective financial, logistical, procurement, human resources and management support to the project.
Position title: Project Manager
Reporting to: Deputy Managing Director
Location: Kigali, Rwanda, with frequent travel to the Project areas of Implementation
Start date: Immediate.
- Oversee the project cycle management processes (planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation), coordinating key project staff (finance, programs, M&E) at partner, organization and external levels.
- Ensure that all Baho Neza implementing partners routinely use the project’s virtual office through an update of the BahoNeza Project Monitoring Platform and use the system to visualize their respective performance indicator results, activity implementation status and budget execution.
- Represent AMS in partner meetings and ensure efficient communication, collaboration and coordination with implementing partners and key stakeholders to ensure high-quality project implementation.
- Build the capacity of partners and stakeholders in data use for tracking project implementation and develop appropriate strategies and tools for strengthening the analysis and use of project data.
- Oversee the implementation and documentation of all AMS ltd. activities implemented under BahoNeza Project and ensure timely submission of activity narrative and financial reports to the prime partner.
- Supervise project staff (M&E coordinator and Finance and Admin coordinator) and provide them with the guidance and support needed to effectively accomplish their duties.
- Ensure overall compliance to donor reporting and monitoring and evaluation requirements as well as adherence to the approved costed action plan.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
The ideal candidate should possess the below qualifications and experience:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in public health, statistics, health informatics, or a related area; Masters preferred.
- Minimum of five years’ public health experience working in the Rwanda health sector; Preferably including in development, maintaining and or utilization of health information systems;
- Strong background in M&E related to Reproductive and Maternal and Community Health programs (prior experience with health projects is preferred);
- Experience in database design, data integration (Optional).
- Strong experience working with health facilities in Rwanda.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Strong communication skills including the ability to effectively transmit, explain complex technical concepts in simple, clear language appropriate to the audience;
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, interpret, and present data such that it can be easily understood and relevant for decision making;
- Sufficient skills in database applications, existing health (other) information systems as well as Microsoft Office;
- Strong coordination, facilitation, and supervision of field activities
- Adequate knowledge of Rwanda health system;
- Professional fluency in oral and written English and Kinyarwanda
- Ability to travel nationally;
How to apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should submit applications including a one page Cover Letter, an updated CV, and three referees to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org with Project Manager in the subject line.
The deadline for submission of applications is July 24, 2019, at 2:00 PM. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.