RWANDA RURAL REHABILITATION INITIATIVE-RWARRI
P.O.Box: 256 Kigali – Rwanda
Telephone: + (250)788 30 83 74
General e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Web site: www.rwarri.com
JOB ADVERT: PROJECT MANAGER
Contract Duration: One year renewable
Duty Station: RWARRI Head Quarter Office, Kigali, with travels in provinces
SOURCE OF FUNDING: WFP through FtMA
Rwanda Rural Rehabilitation Initiative (RWARRI) is a national Non-Governmental Organization dedicates to promote and improve the social and economic welfare of rural communities in Rwanda. The organization is officially recognized and registered by the Government of Rwanda as a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) since 2003 and with registration No 37/11 14/SC&RT. RWARRI also has registration with the Rwanda Governance Board (RGB) under the 023/11 registration number.
To realize a population of rural Rwandese communities that is economically and socially sustainable and transformed.
To be one of the most valued and respected Non-Governmental Organizations in Rwanda and beyond, working towards achieving sustainable livelihoods among the rural poor and shaping national policies leads to positive economic and social development.
Project manager for FtMA project
Farm to Market Alliance (FtMA) is led by World Food Programme (WFP) in Rwanda and being implemented by Rwanda Rural Rehabilitation Initiative (RWARRI) and Rwanda Development Organization (RDO) in 23 districts countrywide. The Alliance promotes establishing the sustainable pro-smallholder agricultural value chain to increase smallholder income and foster commercial viability for private sector actors engaged in the Alliance.
RWARRI is implementing the project in 11 districts country, invites Rwandan qualified candidates to submit their job applications to manage the project in the organization.
Project Manager’s duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate implementation of the project to realize the set targets within the prescribed time frame;
- Support the project team to successfully implement the project activities with high levels of accuracy and efficiency;
- Together with the project team, design an implementation plan with clear indicators and milestones to be achieved within a specific time frame;
- Manage the project budget and ensure it meets high standards of accountability within the set budget lines;
- Monitor project activities, guide the project team, and report timely and accurately to the funding partners and the RWARRI Executive Director;
- Make timely requisition of project funds as per the contract terms and conditions to avoid delays in the implementation of the project;
- Work closely with the funding partners, the local authorities, and other key stakeholders to realize the project targets;
- Manage the project resources and assets efficiently to avoid wastage and misuse of any nature.
- Actively participate in the sector working group on agriculture to raise the profile of the organization and contributes towards the realization of national goals on Agriculture;
- Ensure the project teams participate in the respective district JADF and promote the visibility of the organization and contribution to the development of the districts;
- Ensure a good harmony in collaboration with all value chain actors working in the FtMA alliance;
- Participate in other program activities as may be required by your hierarchic.
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Agribusiness or any other related field. A Master’s degree in Project Management or related field will be an added advantage;
- Excellent written and spoken English skills are required. Working knowledge of French and Kinyarwanda will be an added advantage;
- Experience of 3 years working with development organizations or in the agriculture and agribusiness domain is required.
Job application procedure:
An application letter addressed to the Executive Director accompanied by a detailed CV, copies of Academic Certificates, and copy of identity card will be sent to RWARRI general email; email@example.com not later than 28th May 2021 at 5:00 PM local time.
The organization invites only selected candidates for a written test after shortlisting.
Kigali; 29th April 2021
RWARRI Executive Director