Terms of Reference for a Project Officer
Norwegian People’s Aid Rwanda Project is seeking to recruit an experienced Project Officer for one of its projects.
Norwegian People’s Aid (NPA) is an international NGO, founded in Norway in 1939 as the labor movement’s humanitarian solidarity organization. NPA’s goal is centred on human worth and equal rights for all, irrespective of sex, disability, ethnicity, religion, age, sexual preference or social status. NPA strives globally to promote the values of solidarity, unity, equality, human rights and democracy.
Position: Project Officer
The project officer will support project partners to ensure effective implementation of planned activities. She/he will provide technical Support to NPA’s implementing partners in tracking project indicators and ensure that they are delivering the project’s set objectives.
Reports to: Project Coordinator
- Participate and contribute actively to NPA project design, strategy development, and implementation. This includes organizational thinking on key objectives and strategies for their realization.
- Provide technical assistance to both NPA staff and partners to mainstream gender in implementation of activities.
- Act as responsible focal person for all matters relating to NPA focal partners.
- Maintain a critical dialogue with partners and be well informed about their work, organization, and context.
- Support partners in defining and developing their own strategies, policies, and activities.
- Critical review and follow up of partner reporting and monitoring of project activities implementation.
- Review of partner’s concept notes / proposals/action plans and budgets, and liaise with team on conclusion of the same.
- Conduct regular monitoring visits to project sites and recommend any necessary adjustments, also where feasible participate in impact assessments and project evaluations to assess the extent to which results were achieved.
- Support networking, cross-learning and collaboration between civil society partners where possible / relevant.
- Provide support to partners’ initiatives on analysis and research on the situation in their project areas or issues affecting their target communities.
- Follow up on partner request or pending issues and ensure partner gets response in due time
- Monitor that partner’s proposal and contractual arrangements between NPA and assigned partners are met, including supporting the partners in strengthening their own abilities to achieve plans.
- Identify gender capacity needs in NPA-Rwanda staff and partners and facilitate in addressing these needs.
- Perform any other relevant necessary duties when requested by management.
- Degree in a relevant field, Public Policy and Administration with a focus on gender, and/or any other related fields.
- More than 4 years’s proven and progressive experience working on gender equality and women empowerment issues.
- Strong understanding of the Rwandan public policy context
- Strong experience and knowledge of civil society sector in Rwanda.
- Experience and knowledge of regional and international policy issues relevant to civil society
- Fluency in English and Kinyarwanda.
- Excellent Communicator orally and in writing.
- Innovative, self-driven and team player
- Interpersonal skills, with experience of working in multicultural contexts
An application letter accompanied by a detailed updated CV with names and addresses (including phone numbers) of three referees, education certificates, degree or diplomas to be delivered in a sealed envelope or electronically, by close of business 22/06/ 2018.
Norwegian Peoples Aid Rwanda
EBENEZER HOUSE, UMUGANGA Boulevard
P.O. Box 2966, Kigali
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. The successful candidate is expected to start immediately
NPA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY