Project Officer – Community Partnership for Child Protection
Lawyers of hope in Rwanda (LOH) works to promote every child’s rights to survival, protection, participation, and development as set forth in the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child. In line with this, the Network of Lawyers of Hope is implanting “Community partnership for Child Protection project in Rutsiro and Nogororero District
1. ROLE/ PURPOSE:
The Project Officer will play a lead role with our implementing partners and stakeholders in coordinating, implementing, reporting and monitoring the project, under community partnership for child protection project manager. She/ he will have significant responsibility for the delivery of timely results.
This role will also support the Community partnership for the child protection manager in regards to supporting developing partner’s capacity to implement, monitor and evaluate the project, and in mobilizing a community for child protection.
2. Vacancy: 1 Project Officer – will be based in Rutsiro District
3. Key Responsibilities:
- Provide support to Project Manager on day to day basis in the delivery of the project activities
- Prepare necessary trainings for all project targeted groups in collaboration with the local leadership.
- Facilitate forums and committees for strengthening of friends of the families and children through consultation with community partnerships for the child protection project Manager.
- Provide administrative and logistic support to the project team.
- Ensure that project activity are implemented in line with partner’s policies and procedures.
- Establish and maintain the project’s information management system including developing and maintaining appropriate paper and electronic filing systems, including accounts files, project correspondences, news clippings, and reports for reference and efficient operation of the office.
- Follow up on received cases related to child abuse in the project implementation area.
- Conduct monthly meetings with child protection committee and other partners to exchange on project implementation.
- Organize and facilitate the reflection meetings with local leaders, child-centered organizations, FBOs, Project focal persons and friends of family members.
- Follow up with the implementing partner for progress reports, submission of reports.
- Work closely with the Project Manager to ensure efficient monitoring and reporting of the project deliverables.
- Maintain, in good condition, all the project assets put in his disposal for the successful delivery of the project.
- Assist with any other duties as assigned by the Project Manager
4. Key Competencies:
- University degree in law/social sciences;
- 1-2 year experience/knowledge on children’s rights, advocacy and/or networking is essential;
- Good project management skills,
- Good facilitation, negotiation, networking and advocacy skills;
- Good interpersonal skills, and high team working spirit;
- Excellent English and Kinyarwanda written and oral communication skills;
- Computer literacy;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
How to apply
Please send your CV, along with a motivation letter addressed to the president of LOH (Executive Committee) outlining what experience and skills suit you to this post, a copy of your degree, along with your full contact details, including mobile telephone number, two recommendation letters, one of which should be from your pastor or leader of your church.
5. Location of LOH office: It is located at Kacyiru, Solace Ministries building at the back of the Telecom House. KG 563 S.
Application Deadline: 20/06/2019