WaterAid’s vision is of a world where everyone has access to safe water and sanitation. Our mission is to transform lives by improving access to safe water, hygiene, and sanitation
WaterAid Rwanda would like to hire a Public-Private Partnership Officer to be seconded to the Ministry of Health
Job Description for the Position of Public-Private Partnership Officer- Ministry of Health
Place of work:
Ministry of Health, Kigali.
Fixed-term, 1-year renewable
Director of Health Policy & Regulation
The Public-Private Partnership officer will assist the Clinical Services General Directorate mainly in the field of public-private partnership.
The staff will provide support in the development of policies and strategies for the private health sector. He/she will assist in strengthening PPP for effective coordination with the private sector and initiate mechanisms for collaboration between public health facilities and private medical facilities.
He/she will ensure the supply of quality health services in private facilities and strengthen the collection of health statistics of the private sector, their integration into the Health Information System, analysis and feedback. He will provide assistance into ensuring that national protocols and guidelines are applied in private health facilities. He will facilitate that good practices and successful interventions are documented and disseminated. Where appropriate, he/she will initiate the process of accreditation of private health institutions.
Specifically, he/she shall provide:
Technical Assistance, Planning, Monitoring, and Evaluation:
- Support and follow the gradual implementation of activities related to the strengthening of the Public-Private Partnership;
- Provide technical assistance in the set-up of policies and strategic plans for private clinics, polyclinics and hospitals;
- Provide technical assistance in setting up and dissemination of norms and standards for public and private health facilities;
- Participate in the coordination and ensure the quality of services delivered in public and private health facilities;
- Organize and participate in activities of capacity building at all levels for a proper quality service delivered;
- Ensure that the supervision channel in the public and private facilities is properly and timely followed;
- Participate in the process of accreditation of public and private facilities;
- Ensure that the private practitioners report is written timely and through the proper channel and analyze it;
- Design the tools for supervision and inspection of public and private facilities;
- Support adaptation/updating of operational planning taking into account the emerging needs
- Compile quarterly reports from PHF, analyse and propose feedback to the DG Clinical services is written timely and through the proper channel and analyze it;
- Support the documentation process of experiences with regard to PPP
- Be involved in any activity related to PPP
- Master’s degree in public health or in Epidemiology, with an experience of at least 5 years’ experience in administration of health services,
- Clinical professional experience of 3 years minimum
- Experience of min 3 years in health administration
- Having combined working experience in private health sector is an added advantage
- Work experience in health systems in areas of planning, organization, coordination, supervision, monitoring and evaluation
Technical Knowledge and Skills
- Good knowledge in public health, particularly in the organization of a national health system and its components, integration of care and the private sector;
- Knowledge of the health sector in Rwanda and its structures
- Ability to analyze, understand and interpret statistical information (reports and analysis of data/information; highly recommended)
- Capacity to conceptualize and conduct operational research or action research
- Ability to undertake professional activities using consultative and participatory approaches
- Strong interpersonal skills with excellent ability to communicate, facilitate teamwork, network and negotiate in a flexible and empathetic manner
- Organizational skills/managerial and ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Good report and writing skills
- Strong negotiation and contracts management skills
- Good knowledge of ICT (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Database).
- Excellent oral and written communication in English, Kinyarwanda and a good level of French
Submission process and deadline
If you believe you meet the above requirements, please submit your Curriculum Vitae to our Administration People and OD officer to the email address: WARwanda@wateraid.org and copy email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for submission of applications is Friday 23rd August 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted via email or phone.
Done at Kigali, 9th August 2019