Position type: Quality Assurance Officer
Department/Office: Kigali Special Economic Zone, Rwanda
Salary range: negotiable
Job type: permanent basis
Work performance: factory quantities target
Reporting: Board Executive Director and the board of Director
Reporting period: monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
Staff quality: local and internationals are allowed.
New finest traders Ltd(NFT) has been an established company working in packaging with a vision of Triumphing over allayers of woven sack users in Rwanda, Great Lake Region and dig up Portion for East Africa countries’ sack product.
In this regard, the company's mission is to lead sack producers and marketer of sacks for agro-processing manufacturers and other businesses that need woven sack packaging.
The company operates a plant in Kigali Special Economic Zone and has already developed core competencies with production staff by Offering high quality, a branded products whose image is recognizable among consumers; in order to create a sense of consumers belonging the factory acquired new technology machines and hereby is hiring quality assurance.
- Proven experience of a minimum of 8 years in the woven sacks manufacturing process;
- Proven creative skills for preventive production losses;
- Demonstration of knowledge and familiarity with the mixing chemical and non-chemical product;
- A proven record of delivering at least two within a known factory
- Having a bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing, bachelor's in chemistry and/or related field with considerable experience in the field of polymars.
Inspection, Routine and Verification Test
- Supervise the production operations across all shifts in order to ensure conformity of the quality of Sacks
- Pre prompt malfunction by stopping production of sacks in order to correct quality problems
- Identify and Classify the nonconforming Sacks with unidentified or suspect status product
- Ensure that documents, which ensure related processes to product quality are operated and controlled effectively been established and maintained.
- Make sure that documents and data reviewed are approved for adequacy by authorized personnel prior to issue modification
- Identify changes and revision status of sacks specification to prevent unintended sacks wastages
- Specify and publish the intended inspection requirements to the operators for precaution on critical components on materials to be used in the production of a specific sacks
- identify and validate the critical production processes and critical working procedure
- Establish documented routine test and verification test procedures for being used after its approval
- Maintain and implement a routine test and verification test correctly in accordance with relevant specification and standards
- Check whether the inspection and test equipment comply with required inspection and test capacity and operated correctly according to the operating instructions
- Establish operating instructions of the inspection and test equipment
- Check whether the inspection and test equipment are calibrated on a regular basis be traceable to national or international standards
- Document method, acceptance criteria and calibration interval of in-house calibration documented
- Present calibration of such equipment to be identified by operator and management personnel
- Maintain calibration records of inspection and test equipment, complete and valid
- Avail necessary production facility, testing equipment to competent personnel while absent and
- check the necessary environment suitable for manufacturing, testing & inspection and storage
- Corroborate and interrelate to various personnel involved in inspection and verification of tests
- Advice on procedures of inspection, verification and periodic verification inspection for Purchased critical components and materials
- Advise on operator vis a vis critical production processes for the appropriate qualification
- Inspect purchased products to be used in production on its inspection and verify them before
- being used in production
- Check whether requirements of the routine test and verification test meet the Implementation Rules for Compulsory Certification
Laboratory and Measurement system analysis
- Conduct test and measurement system analysis of sacks in collaboration with Production
- mandated staff and maintained records in order to analyze and measure the variation present in
- the result of each type of measuring and test equipment system
- Check whether changes on certified products notified to the certification body for authorization
- prior to their implementation for being used in the factory
- Defined the scope of internal laboratory facility including its capability to perform the required
- inspection, test or calibration services
- Define the scope of external/commercial independent laboratory facilities to be used for
- inspection, test or calibration services including its capability to perform the required inspection,
- test or calibration
Process Control and Inspection
- Establish and update the procedure for controlling non-conforming products and the contents
- Complied with the specified requirements.
- Put in place and communicate to the line management the strategies, method, segregation,
- disposal, corrective and preventive action for non-conforming products comply with
- requirements of procedure
- Established working instructions for rework and re-repair
- Re-test the repaired and reworked sacks
- Control useless sacks or similar to the nonconforming product
- Verify if the documented quality plan or relevant documents for certifying products are in place
- and filled for back up quality and further control
- Seek approval of documented procedures defined for the controls, storage, protection and
- disposal of quality records
- Advice to the administration the procedures and criteria for selection, evaluation, and routine
- management of supplies with critical components and materials related to be used in the
- Verify and inform the line management whether there is any procedures of the critical
- component, material, construction that may make products not comply with specified
- requirements with supporting analysis
- Each shift is communicated with test and control on sacks
- (papers) and monitored
Packing, Handling, and Storage
- The finished products packed and marked (including all materials) in such a way as to ensure that they will continue to comply with the applicable standard
- Handle the finished sacks properly to prevent them from damage Store the finished sacks in such a way as to ensure that they will comply with the applicable standards
- In order to determine the damaged sacks in time, assess the condition of sacks in the process until reach out the stock at appropriate scheduled intervals
- Establish a clear stock entry and delivery plan are managed effectively
- Manage and ensure all deliveries to clients are completed effectively.
- Fill and sign the delivery sheet of each client after receiving an invoice from the accounting
- Record all produced items in the process from bobbins up to bailed sacks
- Remeasure and recount sacks one hour before they are delivered to the concerned clients
- Prepare gate pass and all related clients’ documents for sacks to be delivered prior 1 hour
- Use of advanced excel system
- Use of programed/programming machines is an advantage
- Use of internet “emails, online purchasing and selling system” is an added value
- How to apply
Interested candidates are requested to submit the application letter addressed to the chairperson of BoD, copies of recent degree, all profession and recognition certificates, detailed CV describing all up mentioned remarks including 3 current referees.
The applicant will submit their documents not later than 08th March 2020 at 1:00 pm GMT to the bellow address
No hard copy will be submitted. No request for information will be allowed after 08th March 2020. Fail to follow the instruction in this adds disqualify the applicant.
Done at Kigali, on 08th February 2020
New Finest Traders Ltd