Employment Opportunity: Quality Improvement Advisor
Why Choose IntraHealth
At IntraHealth, we are a global team of creative, committed humanitarians on a mission. We are advocates, technologists, health workers, and communicators. Program officers, finance experts, and technical leaders. We are passionate and diverse. We’re united in our belief that everyone everywhere should have the health care they need to thrive. That’s why we work every day to improve the performance of health workers around the world and strengthen the systems in which they work.
For almost 40 years in over 100 countries, IntraHealth has partnered with local communities to make sure health workers are present where they’re needed most, ready to do the job, connected to the technology they need, and safe to do their very best work. Our programs are designed with a deep understanding of, and appreciation for, the context of human rights, gender equality and discrimination, economic empowerment, and changing populations. The longstanding relationships we’ve built with government agencies, private-sector partners, and members of civil society make our efforts stronger and more effective.
About the project
The Ingobyi Activity is a five-year cooperative agreement with USAID to improve the quality of reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health (RMNCH) and malaria services, in a sustainable manner with the goal of reducing neonatal, child and maternal mortality in Rwanda. Ingobyi Activity builds upon the tremendous gains Rwanda has made as well as previous USAID investments in the health sector to provide a healthier, more productive future for all Rwandans.
Summary of role
Working under direct supervision of the Sr. Quality and Mentorship Specialist, the Quality Improvement Advisor will support efforts to develop, maintain, and implement plans to achieve quality improvement goals as well as provide technical support to health facilities and health providers in quality improvement and accreditation. The QI Advisor will oversee and monitor functionality of health facility-based quality improvement/management teams and support the development of performance improvement targets across all Ingobyi-supported districts. He/she will work with Ingobyi technical teams to collect, analyze and present data to show progress on key program quality indicators at facility, district, or national level as necessary. The incumbent will prepare periodic reports on program quality improvement activities and share with Ingobyi and MOH leadership to inform planning of quality improvement efforts.
The position will report to the senior quality and mentorship specialist and will work with zonal technical teams to ensure optimal performance of quality improvement related to RMNCH/malaria services in Ingobyi-supported districts. In collaboration with the technical team, he/she will liaise with zonal coordinators, districts and health facilities to coordinate efforts to improve quality of service delivery in RMNCH and malaria services.
The Quality Improvement Advisor will perform the following key functions:
- Support the department of quality and accreditation at MOH to develop criteria to assess progress toward achieving QI objectives and work with MOH to include/integrate RMNCH and malaria indicators in the updated quality and accreditation guidelines;
- Support the MOH to update training manuals for quality improvement and accreditation and its management as necessary;
- Support the MOH to roll out primary health care standards in all Ingobyi-supported health centers;
- Ensure the existence of, and functionality of quality improvement teams (also known as quality management committees) in all Ingobyi-supported health facilities;
- Strengthen the capacity of quality improvement teams with adequate and updated knowledge and skills to coordinate QI related activities including implementation of QI plans at their respective facilities;
- Strengthen capacity of Ingobyi zonal technical teams to support quality improvement activities in all supported health facilities;
- Develop and implement strategies to measure and improve patient experience of care, including ensuring availability of client feedback mechanism/strategies and their implementation within the health facility services;
- Work with hospital accreditation officers to implement recommendations/measures to address compliance gaps identified during accreditation assessments that relate to RMNCH and malaria;
- Ensure integration of QI interventions by fostering synergy between various QI efforts implemented at facility level (mentorship, internal DQA/data validation, facility self-assessments, PBF evaluations, accreditation, death audits, ISS/DQA, rapid response teams, data dashboards, etc.);
- Work with other Ingobyi staff to ensure QI activities are integrated across all supported technical areas and recommended measures of quality are put in place;
Planning, coordination, and reporting
- Support planning and implementation of QI activities, working collaboratively with Ingobyi’s technical team;
- Provide technical input during development of strategies and work plans to address quality improvement issues prioritized by the Government of Rwanda and key stakeholders;
- Represent Ingobyi Activity in the quality TWG and contribute to development and/or update of quality related policies, guidelines and tools as well as maintain a constructive dialogue and technical exchange with other counterparts to effectively support accreditation process in Ingobyi Supported districts;
- Review and analyze periodic reports to identify quality gaps, develop strategies, and provide feedback to resolve the gaps;
- Lead documentation of quality improvement and accreditation activities conducted within Ingobyi supported districts;
- Prepare progress reports on quality improvement, highlighting successes, gaps and recommended actions to address key challenges; and
- Any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
The ideal candidate should possess the below qualifications and experience:
Bachelor's degree in Medicine or Nursing with MPH
- Minimum 8 years of experience implementing quality improvement/quality assurance in a healthcare setting in Rwanda;
- Minimum 8 years of experience supporting MoH (central and decentralized levels) in continuous quality improvement and accreditation processes;
- Strong background in M&E related to RMNCH and malaria programs;
- In-depth understanding of global standards and frameworks for quality healthcare;
- Prior experience with USAID-funded health projects is preferred;
- Strong knowledge of Rwanda health system;
- Strong coordination, facilitation and reporting skills;
- Strong skills in MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel;
- Proficiency in Kinyarwanda, English, and French;
- Ability to travel nationally;
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Willingness and ability to travel within and outside of Kigali, and to work independently with all stakeholders
- Willingness to accept additional responsibilities
- Willingness to work overtime as required
SUMMARY OF BENEFITS
IntraHealth International, Inc. is a great place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package. We offer competitive salaries and a dynamic inclusive work environment which supports health workers, so they can improve the lives of people throughout the world.
IntraHealth International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and requires affirmative action to ensure equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is also to include inquiry about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.
Please, apply before May 31, 2019, and learn more about IntraHealth Careers @:
Learn more about “Who We Are” @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/about-us1