Terms of Reference for a Rapporteur on annual framework contract
About IPAR Rwanda
The Institute of Policy Analysis and Research (IPAR-Rwanda) is the leading independent, not-for-profit research and policy analysis Think Tank in Rwanda, with a reputation for conducting high quality research and policy analysis and promotion of a culture of debate and dialogue on policy issues.
To become an Independent recognized Centre of Excellence on policy analysis and research in Rwanda and beyond.
To enhance evidence-based policy making through research and policy analysis, promote a culture of dialogue and debate to improve policy and impact change in Rwanda.
IPAR Rwanda core services include:
- Policy Analysis and Research
- Public Policy Dialogue and Debate
- Capacity Building in Public Policy Analysis and Research
Description of the services
Under Public Policy Dialogue and Debate, IPAR-Rwanda organizers events which are highly attended by different stakeholders including those from the Government, Development Partners, Non-Governmental Organizations, Civil Society, Private Sector and Academia. In some events, citizens are invited. To ensure proper documentation and reporting of the events, minutes are captured and the event report is presented for validation, approval and archiving. This is done by a rapporteur.
Scope of the work
IPAR Rwanda seeks to hire a qualified and experience consultant who will be responsible for capture minutes of meetings, workshops and conferences and produce reports. The rapporteur will be hired on a one-year framework contract and will work with the Research Department and PR and Communications Officer to ensure timely delivery of the events reports. The rapporteur is expected to perform the following tasks:
- Capture minutes and discussions of events organized by IPAR Rwanda or its partners
- Capture key resolutions from the IPAR Events and those of its partners and read/present them during the closing sessions of the events
- Produce event reports and submit them to the Management for approval.
Profile of the desired rapporteur
The desired rapporteur should have the following qualities:
- Master’s degree in literature (English as a major with French as a Minor) or journalism, law, Economics and Public Policy with at least 4 years’ experience in writing reports including event reports, annual reports, academic reports, etc.
- Presentation of at least 3 recommendations or certificates of completion of similar services offered by credible research institutions in Rwanda
- Experience in presentation during conferences and a prolific public speaker
- Attention to detail
- Computer literate especially Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Residing in Rwanda and available upon request throughout the year
The rapporteur is expected to deliver the following:
- Event Report for every event covered
- Presentation of key resolutions from the event
Duration of the assignment
The rapporteur will be hired on an annual framework contract.
Qualified and experienced potential candidates should submit the following to IPAR Rwanda in the procurement office:
- C.V of the candidate
- Academic certificate
- 3 Recommendations or 3 completion certificates of similar services from credible institutions
- Financial proposal indicating a daily rate inclusive of 18% Withholding Tax in Rwandan Francs
Note: Consulting companies are allowed to submit bids proposing one rapporteur. However, proposed rapporteur should meet the desired profile. The company should also submit the following:
- Company registration certificate issued by Rwanda Development Board
- Company Profile
- C.V, Academic Certificates and 3 recommendations or 3 completion certificates of similar services done by the proposed rapporteur
- 3 completion certificates of similar services issued by credible institutors to the company.
- Proof of declaration and payment of Corporate Income Tax(CIT) for the past financial year.
- Valid tax clearance certificate issued by Rwanda Revenue Authority
- Valid clearance certificate issued by Rwanda Social Security Board.
- Daily rate in RWF inclusive of 18% Value Added Tax(VAT).
Date of submission
Submission is open until 12/08/2022 at 10:00 AM.
Done at Kigali, 02/08/2022