GOLDEN PLAZA, 3rd Floor
KG 546 Street 1
Tel.: + (250) 738795924
Re-advertisement – Senior Program Manager
Why Choose IntraHealth
At IntraHealth, we are a global team of creative, committed humanitarians on a mission. We are advocates, technologists, health workers, and communicators. Program officers, finance experts, and technical leaders. We are passionate and diverse. And we’re united in our belief that everyone everywhere should have the health care they need to thrive. That’s why we work every day to improve the performance of health workers around the world and strengthen the systems in which they work.
For almost 40 years in over 100 countries, IntraHealth has partnered with local communities to make sure health workers are present where they’re needed most, ready to do the job, connected to the technology they need, and safe to do their very best work. Our programs are designed with a deep understanding of and appreciation for the context of human rights, gender equality and discrimination, economic empowerment, and changing populations. And the longstanding relationships we’ve built with government agencies, private-sector partners, and members of civil society make our efforts stronger and more effective. Join us and together we can make lasting changes in global health—for all of us.
The Ingobyi Activity is a five-year cooperative agreement to improve the quality of reproductive, maternal, newborn, and child health (RMNCH) and malaria services, in a sustainable manner with the goal of reducing neonatal, child, and maternal mortality in Rwanda. The Ingobyi Activity builds upon the tremendous gains Rwanda has made in the health sector as well as previous USAID investments in the health sector to provide a healthier, more productive future for all Rwandans. Ingobyi improves the availability, quality, and utilization of RMNCH and malaria services with resilience and sustainability. The Activity partners with the Government of Rwanda (GOR) to build on the country’s considerable achievements, guided by national health strategies, goals, objectives, and data.
SUMMARY OF ROLE
IntraHealth seeks a Senior Program Manager for the USAID Ingobyi Activity. The Senior Program Manager will work as an integral part of the Ingobyi Activity MEL team. S/he will report directly to the MEL Director. The Senior Program Manager will lead the reporting and documentation of key project interventions, processes, and outcomes, working closely with the technical team, led by the DCOP/ Technical Director.
The duties will be but not limited to the following:
- In consultation with MEL and technical teams, develop annual and periodic plans, and guidance for documenting project interventions, processes, outcomes and promising practices;
- Develop and apply annual capacity building plan for documentation and reporting; and
- Support annual planning process by ensuring reporting and documentation activities and incorporated and aligned to key interventions and requirements.
Capacity building in reporting
- Conduct periodic coaching and training to staff to improve capacity and quality of project reporting and documentation; and
- Identify and disseminate resources on documentation and reporting to improve staff capacities in these areas.
Reporting and documentation
- Guide reporting processes amongst technical staff and consolidate periodic program reports;
- Review technical team reports and provide feedback to improve quality of reporting;
- Compile and edit technical and periodic reports, including internal assessments, case studies, and promising practices that document project achievements;
- Promote learning and knowledge sharing of best practices and lessons learned;
- Work closely with project staff, and partners to develop technical briefs, case studies, and success stories;
- Work with and support project staff to identify promising practices for documentation;
- Support staff to develop conference abstracts and presentations;
- Work with technical team leads and MEL team to identify opportunities to disseminate project results, documentaries, and case studies;
- Work with technical teams to plan and conduct dissemination workshops to disseminate project results, case studies, and promising practices;
- Support documentation of key meetings and workshops to ensure deliberations and key actions are well captured to enhance prompt follow up by project teams and leadership;
- Work with the communication officer to produce case studies, success stories, and documentaries to be used as quarterly reports annexes and to be sent to IH to feed into IntraHealth websites and other communication activities;
- Summarize project reports into a simple easy to digest project achievements’ bulletin to be disseminated on a quarterly basis; and
- Provide regular reports and updates on documentation and reporting activities.
- Establish and maintain good working relations and collaboration with the relevant MoH technical working groups, as well as other higher-level stakeholder groups;
- Represent Ingobyi Activity in relevant technical group and other meetings and workshops; and
- Perform other tasks assigned by the MEL Director, the Technical Director, and/ or the COP.
- Advanced degree (at least Master’s level) in public health, health communication, global health, or other related fields with specialization or experience in scientific writing, informatics, and global health research.
- Clinical background with working knowledge and experience in the Rwanda health sector or another East African country will be required.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant working experience in scientific writing, scientific publications, global health research, and documentation of health programs.
- Extensive experience in scientific writing (evidence of submitted papers required), documentation of program activities, evaluation of health programs, preparation of project and research papers or policy briefs (evidence required);
- Sound understanding of current developments in RMNCH and malaria prevention and treatment programs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong organizational skills, and an ability to work effectively in a multicultural environment.
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English are key requirements (evidence of written work will be required);
- Solid skills in documentation and report writing (evidence of written work will be required); and
- Excellent use of MS Word and Excel required.
Managing Performance: Ability to plan and design practices, processes, and procedures that allow for effective management of people, resources, and processes to optimize overall organizational performance. Managing for performance includes the ability to delegate and encourage growth and leadership across the team(s) as part of maximizing performance and productivity.
Strategic Thinking: Applies organizational knowledge to identify and maintain focus on key success factors for IntraHealth while recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational challenges. Ability to develop organization- and industry-specific expertise and apply sound decision-making processes to reach productive resolutions that translates strategy into actionable business plans.
Effective Communication (Oral & Written): Understands effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, explain complex technical concepts in simple, clear language appropriate to the audience; and receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors
Risk Management: Knowledge of processes, tools, and techniques for assessing and controlling the organization's exposure to risks of various kinds; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Innovation: Develops new, better, or significantly different ideas, methods, solutions or initiatives within an assigned role that result in improvement of IntraHealth’s s performance and meeting objectives, results, and global commitments.
Accountability: Holds self and others accountable for all work activities, research, and personal actions and decisions; follows through on commitments and focuses on those activities that have the greatest impact on meeting measurable high-quality results for IntraHealth’s s success. Exercises ethical practices, respectful words and behaviors, and equitable treatment of others in all activities.
SUMMARY OF BENEFITS
IntraHealth International, Inc. is a great place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package. We offer competitive salaries and a dynamic inclusive work environment that supports health workers so they can improve the lives of people throughout the world.
IntraHealth International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and requires affirmative action to ensure equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is also to include inquiry about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.
HOW TO APPLY:
Learn more about IntraHealth Careers @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/careers
Learn more about “Who We Are” @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/about-us1
- The application deadline is October 6, 2021. Applications for this position will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the suitable candidate has been found or by the deadline. Applicants are therefore advised to submit their interests as early as possible. Only applicants fulfilling the above requirements will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within two weeks from the submission, consider your application unsuccessful.