We’re transforming Africa through innovative scientific training, technical advances and breakthrough discoveries!
The African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS, www.nexteinstein.org) is a pan-African network of centres of excellence for postgraduate training, research and outreach in mathematical sciences. Its mission is to enable Africa's brightest students to flourish as independent thinkers, problem solvers and innovators capable of propelling Africa's future scientific, educational and economic self-sufficiency. The first AIMS centre opened in Cape Town, South Africa in 2003; since 2011, AIMS has opened additional centres in Senegal, Ghana, Cameroon, Tanzania and Rwanda. The goal of the AIMS Next Einstein Initiative (AIMS-NEI) is to build a pan-African network of 15 centres of excellence across the continent by 2023.
Each AIMS centre provides an intensive and broad education to over 50 African students each year and prepares them for leadership careers in academia, governance and industry. The AIMS educational program relies on top international lecturers who teach in a 24-hour learning environment.
If you bring a collaborative spirit with a passion to effect change, consider this opportunity as the…
Receptionist – AIMS Global Secretariat
In this role and reporting to the Managing Director, Operations, the receptionist will be a primary point of contact to welcome and greet guests, offering them the attention they need, responding to and redirecting telephone inquiries, and sorting and distributing mail/courier packages. The receptionist is also responsible for scheduling meetings and transport for staff and/or visitors of AIMS.
As a front-facing representative, you are expected to be an enthusiastic ambassador for AIMS, with the requisite knowledge to guide and inform the public at large about the work of AIMS. You will be a reliable resource to visitors and staff alike as it relates to meetings, conference room facilities. In addition, you will ensure the reception area reflects a professional appearance at all times.
This is a full time, opportunity based at The AIMS Secretariat in Kigali, Rwanda.
Do you have what we need?
- Degree/Diploma in Business Administration, Hospitality Management or a related field
- At least 3 years experience in handling guests issues
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to effectively manage a number of competing demands
- Attention to detail and willingness to learn the tools and systems involved in administrative and operation
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and administrative writing.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office packages (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Fluency in English, French and Kinyarwanda
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks simultaneously and achieve results on required deadlines
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Positive attitude, resourceful nature, and excellent problem solving capabilities.
Are you ready to take on this role and be a part of the transformation?
Submit your letter of motivation, including your salary expectations, together with a detailed CV in English to: email@example.com (i.e. “Receptionist” in the subject line). Applications will be accepted until June 22, 2018.
Once your application is reviewed, you will be notified via e-mail of next steps in the process. From time to time, and as circumstances change within the organization, AIMS may elect to accelerate, extend or discontinue the selection process. As such, AIMS reserves the right not to make an appointment at its sole discretion.
AIMS-NEI is an equal opportunity employer.