TERMS OF REFERENCE TO RECRUIT THE M&E OFFICER /RESEARCH ADMINISTRATOR
The Institute of Policy analysis and Research (IPAR –Rwanda) is a fast growing indigenous, independent, not-for-profit Rwandan think tank. IPAR seeks to enhance evidence based policy making by conducting timely, relevant, high-quality, policy-oriented analysis and research. It also promotes a culture of debate and dialogue on policy issues in Rwanda.
In order to meet the increasing expectations from its stakeholders, IPAR is seeking to recruit an experienced Monitoring & Evaluation Officer/ Research Administrator.
- Objectives of Research Administrator and M&E Officer
To develop and implement M&E systems focused on data collection, analysis and reporting to ensure synergy between local M&E framework
- Master’s degree strongly related to social development, management, research or similar topics.
- Four (4) Experience in monitoring and evaluation to inform policy deliberations
- Working experience in public policy formulation and analysis and stakeholder coordination;
- Experience in coaching, teaching, or consulting
- Experience with management of databases and research processes.
- Key Responsibilities
The Research Administrator and M&E Officer plays a vital role in the strategic direction and planning of IPAR. He/ She is expected to play a central role in developing IPAR’s overall strategy alongside the Management team. Following are the main responsibilities;
Monitoring and Evaluation
- The Research Administrator and M&E officer will manage the existing capacity database and work to update and improve it to become more streamlined, accessible and relevant across all operations of IPAR
- Develop in coordination with the Finance and Administration Manager, a system to ensure that the organization’s planning, including inputs and targets is aligned with the overall organization’s log frame and M&E indicators
- Synthesize and analyze data for summary reports on M&E findings
- Develop, refine and manage the process for regular reporting on findings and coordinate with appropriate Units for the dissemination of information
- Produce monthly, quarterly and annual reports to the management of IPAR and Development Partners
- Follow up implementation of recommendations of M&E reports
- Manage day-to-day operation of the M&E system, including the implementation of M&E tools and instruments
- Assist in the coaching of other IPAR officers in M&E
- In collaboration with the IPAR events, publications and communication officer provide good quality data for the M&E system
- Keep abreast of the latest developments in M&E and network with other organizations for best practices
- Regularly review and improve the M&E system by seeking stakeholder inputs and through consultation with practitioners in other organizations
- Participate in all surveys undertaken by IPAR
- Drafting MoUs with research partners. Reviewing MoUs and Terms of Reference for research collaborations and advising the Director of Research prior to the Director of Research advising the Executive Director.
- Regularly monitoring all research budgets and advising individual researchers and the Director of Research on budget spend and any issues;
- Maintaining a data base of all research projects and monitoring progress against the project time line. Bring to the attention of researchers and the Director of Research any slippages and other necessary information.
- Making all the logistical arrangements for research fieldwork and other visits
- Arranging meetings of research staff including preparation of agendas, papers etc and taking minutes.
- Working with Administrative and Finance and Knowledge Transfer Team to ensure that all arrangements for research events, publication of research findings and arrangements for research fieldwork are carried out in a timely manner.
- Drafting the research teams annual progress report.
- Undertaking literature searchers and otherwise identifying resources relevant for research projects as directed by the Director of Research
- Undertaking research as agreed with the Director of Research Such other administrative duties as from time to time are allocated to the post holder.
- Expected deliverables
The Research Administrator and M&E Officer shall deliver the following outputs:
- Annual Action Plan for IPAR
- Activity Plan for M&E for IPAR and Annual M&E framework
- Developed M&E Log frames
- Database for IPAR
- Monthly, quarterly and annual reports to the management of IPAR and Development partners
- Quality survey reports
- Research Administrator and M&E Officer’s obligations
Serve as the M&E Officer and Research Administrator of IPAR-Rwanda.
Responsible for day-to-day coordination of research admnistrator and M&E activities.
Handle any other matter as directed by the Executive Director and Director of Research.
- How to apply?
Should you have any further questions please send e-mail on firstname.lastname@example.org with “M&E officer/ Research Administrator” in the subject line.
Done at Kigali, on 21/06/2021