Expression of Interest
Refurbishment of the E-commerce Service Centre (ECSC) Kigali.
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a federally owned international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations. GIZ has worked in Rwanda for over 30 years. The primary objectives between the Government of Rwanda and the Federal Republic of Germany are poverty reduction and promotion of sustainable development. To achieve these objectives, GIZ Rwanda is active in the sectors of Decentralization and Good Governance, Economic Development and Employment Promotion, Energy and ICT (Information and Communications Technology).
The Special Initiative Training and Job Creation (SIAB) aims to improve the conditions for sustainable economic and employment growth in Rwanda and to promote investment. The Special Initiative together with the Rwandan partners facilitates interventions in the following fields of action:
1. “The conditions for investments of European or international enterprises in Rwanda are improved;
2. the capacities of Rwandan small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in selected sectors/clusters for sustainable, employment-generating growth are improved;
3. the business ecosystem of selected sectors/clusters is improved". The project also provides advisory services and facilitates access to funding schemes and instruments for the development and implementation of business projects.
B. Description of assignment:
Rwanda through building capacities in understanding and preparedness to market goods and services online.
As a way of successfully achieving the above, an online platform and an E-commerce Service Centre (ECSC) have been set up as incubation spaces for SMEs benefiting from the project.
While the online platform will be used to carry out transactions, the ECSC will be the heart of logistics for this project and SMEs benefiting from the project will be expected to have their products stored at the ECSC as a way of making the process of last-mile delivery easier. All goods/ products listed on the online platform will be consigned and stored at the ECSC which will also be the heart of all operations of this project.
C. Tasks to be performed by the contractor
Under the supervision of the e-commerce project coordinator within the SIAB programme of GIZ, the contractor will be expected to undertake the following tasks;
The reception area of the ECSC functions as a drop off point for SMEs bringing their goods at the ECSC and will therefore be accessible for different people visiting the ECSC. This area will have one desk and a small lobby area for people to sit.
- The lighting at the reception area should be improved
- The reception area shall be re-painted. The colours to be used in this space shall be agreed upon between the contractor and GIZ
- There is a need for more electrical lighting in the warehouse. The contractor shall install brighter lights in the warehouse to facilitate vision for the staff working in this section of the ECSC. A highly energy-efficient source of lighting (e.g. LED) should be used.
Hallway and Staircase:
- The hallway at the entrance area shall be re-painted. This hall is the point of entrance for all goods being consigned at the ECSC.
- The hallway on the first floor shall also be re-painted and the partitioning between the training/meeting room and the hallway shall be replaced with three small glass partitions to allow more natural light into the space.
- A glass partitioning shall also be placed at the first showroom facing the staircase to allow more natural light into the corridor.
- In addition to this, wooden pallets and some photos of the SMEs that are benefiting from this project shall be placed along the hallway.
- The metallic polls along the staircase shall be replaced by wooden ones.
- Drawings of the proposed hallway and staircase shall also be provided to the contractor.
In addition to this, a metallic light shade shall be placed on the outer part of the window of the call centre to reduce the amount of direct sunlight entering this room.
- The office shall be re- painted.
- A metallic light shade similar to the one at the call centre shall be installed outside to reduce the amount of sunlight reflected through the windows.
- To reduce the amount of heat in the server room, the metallic light shade installed at the office shall be extended to cover the window area of the server room too.
Training / Meeting room:
- The training room shall be re-painted with colours agreed upon between the contractor and GIZ.
2 Show Rooms:
- The set up in the showrooms shall be changed often therefore, the contractor shall ensure that minimal work is done in both rooms and the adjustments provide room for mobility of furniture or equipment at any point.
- The lighting in both showrooms should be improved, including the installation of new, energy-efficient lights in both rooms.
- Two glass partitions shall be installed between the two showrooms to create a connection between the two spaces as shown in the drawings that will be provided to the contractor.
- Both showrooms shall be re-painted and the colors to be used in these rooms shall be agreed upon between the contractor and GIZ.
- A total of 12 doors in this facility will be remodeled as detailed in the Bill of Quantities (BoQ) provided.
- The contractor shall re-paint all metallic windows at the ECSC
- The walls outside the facility shall be cleaned and re-painted. This will also include painting of the metallic doors, windows, gutters and any visible metallic elements including preparation of the support, anti-rust and any other required works
- The gate at the ECSC shall also be re-painted on both sides.
- The floor tiles of the various spaces will have to be protected during the entire duration of the works. In case of any damage, the contractor will have to replace the floor tiles.
- The contractor shall be required to hang up a series of photos on the different walls within the facility as instructed by the client.
- The contractor is required to check the Bill of Quantities (BoQ) before bidding. If he/she notices any discrepancies with the works to be implemented and/or with the quantities reported in the BoQ, he must indicate this in his offer. Once the bid is submitted, the scope of work and the quantities are considered accepted by the contractor, who cannot contest them or ask for any revision of the quantities during the implementation of the works.
- The contractor will be expected to fill in the costs of each of the items listed in the excel sheet (Bill of Quantities) with clear specifications for each product provided by GIZ upon request and submit it alongside his/her offer.
- The artwork showing the changes that will be implemented by the contractor will be shared with the contractor upon request.
The contractor is required to describe the key processes for the services for which he/she is responsible and create a schedule that describes how the services are to be provided. In particular, the contractor is required to describe the necessary work steps and, if applicable, take account of the milestones and contributions of other actors. The contractor is required to draw up a personnel assignment plan that includes information on assignment dates (duration and expert days) and locations of his assignment.
E. Personnel concept
The contractor is required to provide personnel who are suited to filling the positions described, on the basis of their CVs. The specified qualifications below represent the requirements to reach the maximum number of points.
- Only contractors company is allowed to apply no individual application accepted
- Good business language skills in English, French and Kinyarwanda.
- 5 years of technical experience in a similar area of work in Rwanda with proof
- Provide an RDB Certificate as proof that the company is registered in Rwanda
- Evidence that the company is VAT registered with RRA. (Attach the company’s VAT certificate)
- The contractor shall also be expected to present evidence of tax clearance for the last three months
- The contractor should be willing to allocate at least 5 staff/ from his/her company to fully work on this project. C.Vs of these 5 staff/ should also be attached to the technical offer that will be submitted to GIZ
F. Timelines for the assignment:
- Period of assignment: From 1st April 2020 until 13th May 2020.
- Place of assignment: Kigali, Rwanda
In case of questions regarding the assignment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
H. Briefing session
Interested applicants should be available for a site visit at the ECSC (Sawaciti/ Car wash) on Thursday 19th March 2020 from 10:00 am to 11:30 am. Only applicants who will be present for the site visit will receive the artwork and the Bill of Quantities (BoQ) for the assignment. (essential for submission of tender documents).
Only candidates who attended the briefing session will submit their applications (technical offer & financial offer) in separated & sealed envelopes. The application should include:
1.Technical offer including a clear work methodology with Up to date CV of technicians
And also registration certificate from RDB and tax clearance.
2. Financial offer with all breakdown of costs in RWF tax excluded
Applications should be deposited until 21st April 2020 at 4:00 PM, at the front desk of
GIZ Office Rwanda
KN 41 St. / Nr.17, Kiyovu
P.O. Box 59, Kigali,
GIZ reserves all rights