Job Title: Regional Office Manager
Reporting to: MeshPower Operations Manager
Location: Kabarondo, Kayonza District, Eastern Province, Rwanda
Project name: Sustainable Household Energy Adoption in Rwanda (SHEAR)
About MeshPower Rwanda
MeshPower’s innovative solar minigrid technology platform delivers clean, affordable, and reliable electricity to rural off-grid communities using smart metering and management systems. We are committed to delivering social and environmental impact to the communities we serve: reducing combustion-related illnesses, improving quality of life, saving our customers money on energy, and providing “productive use” power for small businesses in the village. MeshPower currently provides reliable and affordable electricity services to over 1,500 families in the Eastern Province, and we’re planning to grow that impact significantly by adding PAYG LPG services to our portfolio under the SHEAR project. www.meshpower.co.rw
The SHEAR Project is a three-year project, in partnership with Colorado State University, to deliver full clean-energy interventions in rural households. This includes LPG gas for cooking and Solar Energy for lighting and power. Health indicators of women, men, and children will be measured every 6 months for participants in Kayonza District. The participant’s ability and willingness to pay for the services will also be tested with various subsidy schemes.
As the Regional Office Manager, you will manage all operations in the Kabarondo office and help to smoothly deliver the SHEAR project. This includes LPG delivery services to customers, solar mini-grid installation and maintenance, research team and technician coordination, and other office coordination duties. You will manage a team of technicians, customer service agents, data enumerators and community engagement officers. You will have support and direction from the management team in Kigali, and be expected to communicate regularly. You will be a big-picture leader with focused attention to detail, accountability, and results.
- Overall management of LPG inventory: timely ordering full LPG cylinders from the supplier to ensure availability to participants
- Coordinate LPG inventory movement in and out of the stock at both the Kabarondo office and the on-site storage locations
- Keep up to date records of LPG deliveries to the SHEAR participants,
- Solar Minigrid
- Execute overall management of mini-grid installations and operations
- Manage the inventory associated with mini-grid maintenance
- Office Management
- Ensure safety, security, and well-being of everyone on the team
- Ensure availability of both LPG and mini-grid inventory spares for the technician team and field replacements
- Monitor service delivery to the SHEAR participants by the customer service team, field technicians and agents.
- Ensure immediate resolution of any participant's issue. All issues should be recorded and assigned to the right person to resolve it in an electronic system with the aim to close it within 24 hours after it was reported.
- Coordination of field data enumerations, digitalization of data as well as timely data reporting to the main office.
- Ensure proper recording, storage, and shipping of health-related data samples
- Ensure proper operation of company vehicles
- Relevant experience in project management or logistics management role
- Two years managing/leading a team of at least 5 people
- Experience working in rural areas, within the local community infrastructure
- Effective communication and persuasion skills in Kinyarwanda and English
- Demonstrable pro-active, data-driven problem-solving experience
- University Degree in Business Management, Logistics, Project Management, or equivalent practical experience
- Basic understanding and enthusiasm for Clean Energy, including Solar Energy, Clean Cooking, and Information Technology
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude
How to Apply
Interested and eligible applicants should follow both steps to be considered:
- Click this link to fill out the application form
- Send an email to email@example.com before 28th May 2021 with the following PDF documents attached:
- One-page introduction letter explaining your motivation, suitability for the position, and how you can add value to our team
- Curriculum Vitae with 2 references
- Degree Certificate and additional relevant certificates, if any
- Copy of ID
*NOTE: Email subject and all documents must have your full name and job title for which you are applying.
EXAMPLE: UWAMAHORO Francoise - Regional Office Manager
MeshPower is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.