REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR GRAPHIC DESIGNING
The IPAR-RWANDA would like to hire a graphic designer.
The responsibility of this consultancy is to ensure the implementation and adherence to existing graphic guidelines; layout of reports and publications, development of new graphic solutions; and design of innovative products. Tasks and Responsibilities Implement IPAR’s branding policy:
- Ensure that all publications, reports, and products are produced in line with IPAR graphic guidelines.
- Implement the graphic guidelines in all IPAR communication products;
- Deliver creative and innovative ideas for print, electronic, web-based and animated presentations. Design and layout of reports and other products:
- Design of reports and other communication materials for printing and electronic distribution;
- Improve and edit art-work, photos, charts, and other graphic elements;
- Layout and design information and communication materials (banners, posters, booklets, leaflets, books, calendars, bulletins, flyers, cards)
- Create animations for illustrative purposes such as animations, presentations and more advanced solutions (design of CD/DVD packaging, graphic digitalization);
- Custom photo editing (restoration, noise reduction, tonal adjustment)
- Deliver creative graphic and technical solutions for use of new media (virtual 3D words/boxes, postcards) detailed specifications for each individual assignment will be given to the selected designer as and when the designer’s services are requested.
Qualification and Expertise The successful Consultant is required to meet the following criteria:
- Have at least a degree in Communication Design a Masters degree will be added advantage
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience in Graphic designing, animation and layout printing of reports and provide infographics.
- Strong theoretical and practical background in graphic design, including the use of design software such as Adobe Design Premium, In-Design, CorelDraw, web design tools such as Dreamweaver and Flash, etc.
- Show a clear and mature style of design, demonstrating an understanding of the communication requirements.
- Proven experience of graphic production from start to published/printed product with knowledge of printing processes (offset and digital) and colour management;
- Good understanding of new and evolving technologies and digital platforms;
- Knowledge of standard software packages, including MS Office– MS Access–MS Visio –Adobe Acrobat;
This application is open to individuals. Individuals should provide their CV, Letter of application, References list; not later than 20th/12/2019 in IPAR-RWANDA’s Procurement Office at 09:00 am.
The Deliverables Quality design for various IPAR assignments completed in line with IPAR branding requirements and within specified deadlines. The contract will be effective from the date of signing for a period of one-year renewable depending on performance and availability of funds, as may be subsequently agreed by the parties in writing. The Consultant shall be considered as having the legal status of an independent Consultant and as being an expert on a mission for the Client. The Consultant shall not be considered in any respect as being a staff member of the Client.