Request for Quotations – Audit for IPA Annual accounts
Background: IPA is a research and policy Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) that discovers and promotes effective solutions to global poverty problems. IPA designs rigorously evaluate and refines these solutions and their applications together with researchers and local decision-makers, ensuring evidence is used to improve the lives of the world’s poor. Since being founded in 2002, IPA has worked with over 400 leading academics to conduct over 500 evaluations in 51 countries.
IPA Rwanda was established in 2013 and has multiple active projects spanning Education, Agriculture, Finance and Health. IPA Rwanda predominantly implements randomized evaluations in collaboration with the academics, the Government of Rwanda and other development NGOs to evaluate the impact of new development concepts to help inform future government policy and development projects. IPA Rwanda has restricted grant income of approximately 1.2- 1.4m USD per year.
Scope of work:
IPA Rwanda is looking to engage an accounting and auditing firm to conduct an audit on annual accounts and issue an audit opinion on those statements to comply with the Rwanda Revenue Authority requirements, specifically Law Nº 016/2018 OF 13/04/2018.
Deliverables and timeline
Audit statement on the annual accounts as per Rwanda Revenue Authority requirements
- due to Rwanda Revenue Authority on 31 March 2020 covering the financial year 2019; and the audit statement on the annual accounts as per Rwanda Revenue Authority requirements
- due to Rwanda Revenue Authority on 31st March 2021 covering financial year 2020.
Annual audit advisory letters to IPA Rwanda Management advising on any recommended enhancements to the internal control framework and compliance processes.
Payment: IPA will pay an agreed fixed price for the engagement per engagement completed.
Request for Quotations:
- Quotations for the engagement must be addressed to the Country Director and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 17.00 Rwanda time on Thursday 07th November 2019. Late submissions will not be considered.
- Firms must submit a fixed gross price for the Scope of Work and Deliverables in Rwandan Francs only valid for Ninety (90) days from the end of the quotation period
- Firms must submit a competency statement to demonstrate their ability to complete the work, similar past engagements, and a minimum of three (3) references
- Firms must include full administrative details of their company including:
- The full address of the company indicating Country, Province, District, Sector, Cell, Village, Street number, E-mail, Telephone, Post office box, and Bank account details
- Company profile
- Copy of Trade License
- Original or certified copy of affidavit of no debt by RRA still valid
- Original or certified copy of affidavit of no debt by the Rwanda Social Security Board still valid
- Copy of VAT registration certificate
- Proof that RRA accept audit opinions from the firm
- Membership certificate with ICPAR
- All quotations must be submitted in English
- Shortlisted firms may be called to present their proposals
Should the quotations received not be to the satisfaction of IPA Rwanda, IPA Rwanda reserves the right to reject all quotations.