This vacancy is reserved for Rwandan candidates
Requirements in a nutshell
Education: Master’s degree in Economics, Statistics, Applied Economics, one of Laterite’s core sectors (education, public health, agriculture, youth, and livelihoods, or urbanization and migration), or related field with a strong quantitative component
Experience: At least one year of professional experience
Must-have: Quantitative data analysis skills in Stata
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Laterite is a data, research, and technical advisory firm that helps clients understand and analyze complex development challenges. We work with universities, global think tanks, international NGOs, multilateral donor organizations, and government ministries and agencies. We provide three types of services to clients:
- Data: comprehensive data collection and data processing solutions;
- Research: from the design of large-scale research projects through to analysis; an
- Advisory: strategic and technical research advice.
Laterite’s growing network of offices currently includes the Netherlands, Rwanda, Ethiopia, Kenya, and Uganda. Our teams bring together more than 60 full-time local and international staff, as well as 1,000 enumerators across countries, in a dynamic work environment. We are proud to be a culturally diverse organization.
You can find out more about Laterite on our website at: www.laterite.com
Job Description & Key Responsibilities
- Work on technical research projects – supporting the design of research studies and survey instruments, coding survey instruments into SurveyCTO, developing data monitoring systems in collaboration with the data quality team, cleaning quantitative datasets, conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis, drafting sections of reports, and keeping clients updated on progress.
- Independently deliver high-quality sections of reports or data analysis – ensuring your deliverables are client-ready and on time.
- Work with a team – proactively communicating with team members to keep projects on track, paying attention to details, and escalating any risks or issues early.
You will be able to develop skills and experience in:
- Technical design of research projects, including sampling and impact evaluation methodologies.
- Project management and client communication.
- Data analysis and statistical analysis techniques.
- Report writing: drawing insights from data and presenting them in a consultancy quality format.
This position is offered as a 1-year contract. Following this first contract, Laterite will be open to discuss possibilities of extension.
This position is suited to an individual with an understanding of quantitative data analysis and motivation to work in social and economic research in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- A completed Master’s degree in Economics, Statistics, Applied Economics, one of Laterite’s core sectors (education, public health, agriculture, youth, and livelihoods, or urbanization and migration), or related field with a strong quantitative component
- At least one year of professional experience in a similar role
- Strong quantitative data analysis skills and proficiency in Stata
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
In addition, we welcome:
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, self-motivation and drive to flourish in a fast-paced environment, where timelines can often be unpredictable.
- Experience working with at least one ODK-based platform (such as SurveyCTO, ODK, CommCare)
- Experience with in-person data collection
- Knowledge of Python and/or R
Please upload your CV and your cover letter via our online application form: https://form.jotform.com/212432243902546.
After submitting your application, you will be invited to complete a 30-minute quantitative assessment for which no special preparation is needed. Successful candidates will be contacted with information regarding the next steps.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis so we encourage you to apply ASAP.
The deadline:02nd October 2021