RESEARCH AND EVALUATION COORDINATOR
The Research Coordinator, under the lead of the Senior Research and Evaluation Specialist, will be responsible for ensuring effective implementation of the research and evaluation activities of all Rwanda Country programme. Key areas include a) assisting in the development and implementation of the project research and evaluation plans; b) participate in the design and implementation of research studies, surveys and evaluations (qualitative, quantitative, or mixed methods); c) coordination of field research and evaluation activities across all thematic areas; and d) assisting in data management and analysis; and e) assisting in the compilation and analysis of evidence and learning.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Qualifications and experience
- Proven experience in quantitative and qualitative research management and analysis;
- Experience in programme data management, preferably the use of data management electronic devices
- Having advanced skills and experience in data analysis using different statistical software (STATA, SPSS, Atlas. Ti…etc)
- Experience in a technical capacity involving conducting or leading evaluations/research projects and drafting
- Capacity and creativity in leading and facilitating participatory methodologies to meaningfully engage beneficiaries and receiving their feedback, including children.
- Experience conducting interviews with young people, children, and the communities
- 3 years of experience working in research/evaluation in an NGO or research setting;
Contract length: One-year renewable (funding and performance dependent)
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better health care, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Interested candidates should send an application letter plus updated Curriculum Vitae as a single document in English, including 3 names of professional referees to HR-Rwanda@savethechildren.org
The deadline for receiving applications is September 26th, 2018.
Please mention Research and Evaluation Coordinator as the subject of your email and also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. This job can also be found at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
*Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process*