Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA)
Innovations for Poverty Action was established in Rwanda in 2013 and has several active projects spanning across Education, Agriculture, Finance and Health. IPA Rwanda predominantly implements Randomized Control Trails in collaboration with leading Rwandan and international academics, the Government of Rwanda and other development NGOs to evaluate the impact of new development concepts to help inform future government policy and development projects. IPA has a number of new projects in Agriculture and Education hence is looking to recruit one or more Research Associates.
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT – RESEARCH ASSOCIATES – EDUCATION OR AGRICULTURE PROJECTS
- Location: Kigali, Rwanda
- Number of positions: One or more depending on funding
- Deadline to apply: 5pm Friday October 26, 2018, applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis
- Length of Commitment: 1 year
- Reports to: Research Manager/ Research Coordinator
Research Associates act as the lead project managers and oversee all aspects of their assigned research study, including timeline, partner relationships, recruitment field staff, and researchers’ relationships. Successful candidates will be detail-oriented and enthusiastic about managing field research projects. Research Associates work closely with academic researchers, partners, and other field staff to perform a variety of tasks which may include but are not limited to: overseeing other project staff, coordinating the research collaboration between investigators and partners, designing survey questionnaires, running pilot exercises, refining study designs and surveying instruments, programming instruments, managing survey teams, checking and analyzing data, cleaning data and assisting in preliminary analysis, assisting in the writing of project reports and policy memos, coordinating with local officials implementing the programs being evaluated, and supporting outreach to policymakers in country.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Agricultural or Educational economics, social sciences, public policy, statistics or related fields, Master’s degrees are preferred.
- Experience conducting social science or economic field research. Background in randomized control trials is strongly preferred
- Experience supervising data collection and teams of field workers, designing surveys and implementing programs strongly preferred
- Experience with data management and econometrics. Strong quantitative skills and advanced knowledge of Stata strongly preferred
- Experience with electronic data collection platforms. Knowledge of SurveyCTO a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to manage high-level relationships with partner organizations. Experience working with government officials, especially in Rwanda is also a plus.
- Excellent management and organizational skills along with strong quantitative skills
- Flexibility, self-motivation, the ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently as a team player
- Ability to work a culturally diverse team and maintain high professional standards
- Strong written and oral communication skills and complete fluency in English and Kinyarwanda is required
How to Apply:
IF YOU MEET ALL THE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE LISTED PLEASE APPLY BY SENDING YOUR CV AND COVER LETTER, VIA EMAIL, TO firstname.lastname@example.org STATING WHETHER YOU ARE APPLYING FOR AN EDUCATION OR AGRICULTURE ROLE AND YOUR MONTHLY NET SALARY EXPECTATION.
EMAIL SUBMISSIONS MUST INCLUDE ‘RESEARCH ASSOCIATE APPLICATION – AGRICULTURE/ EDUCATION’ IN THE SUBJECT AS RELEVANT.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE AT 5 PM RWANDA TIME ON FRIDAY 26th OCTOBER. LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. DUE TO THE VOLUME OF APPLICATIONS ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE NOTIFIED.