JOB DESCRIPTION: RETAIL MANAGER
Development and management of the Company’s Fuel retail network in accordance with the set group standards, providing supervision and monitoring the performance of individual retail sites to ensure service excellence, customer satisfaction, sustainable profitability and maximum returns on capital employed
Detailed task list
Retail Network Development
- Develop network expansion strategy
- Plan, locate and set up new stations including station layout within the parameters of the approved standard floor plan in close collaboration with senior management.
- Carry out continual market intelligence and analysis to identify market opportunities by constantly reviewing new business activities and opportunities including the expansion of projects in line with current company strategy.
- Translate marketing plans into action plans and fully owns implementation of the plans including timelines, budget, and overall integration and efficiency
- Distribute budget for all marketing activities, planned or unplanned, ensuring activities are in line with marketing targets, budget plans, and accountabilities are understood and executable.
- Continuously monitor implementation of plans, intervenes when plan timelines are not being met, updates Managing Director on Budget performance, and resolves under-performance when necessary
Retail Network Management
- Supervise the retail activities for all ORYX ENERGIES fuel retail outlets.
- Compiling data for analysis of any new business and commercial customer studies as support data for new business.
- Champion development of first-class forecourt customer service and cost-effective sales promotion plans.
- Prepare and submit monthly sales reports to management on each station’s performance in terms of profitability, potential growth and recommended appropriate actions depending on findings.
- Customer care – communication, constructively handling complaints and compliments.
- Enforce good management of credit, where applicable, to ensure dealers operate within the limit and ensure timely collections of outstanding amounts.
- Organize co-ordinate and review the impact of sales promotion and campaigns
- Ensure beneficial Dealer changes by locating, interviewing and recommending prospective candidates, coordinating license applications, assisting and supervising actual changeover, and carrying out necessary training.
- Initiating proposals and staying informed of changes in service station operation and being up to date on competitive customer acquisition strategies.
- Ensure maximum integrity of dealers and station staff
- Set targets that are specific for the individual station and ensure the dealers achieve the set targets
- Monthly account reconciliation with the dealers.
- Achieve set targets on retail network expansion.
- Achieve and surpass set targets in individual site profitability/margins
- Achieve and surpass set targets on individual site sales volumes.
- Monthly submission of performance reports to management highlighting the status of network expansion and actual retail performance versus targeted performance.
- Resolution of any reconciling items on dealer account statements within 2 working days.
- Daily order management for all sites.
- Wet-stock reconciliation, including loss investigation and reporting.
- Daily analysis of station dips/fuel levels and daily sales to determine stock reorder levels.
- Ensure dealer adherence to sale Offloading procedures (before, during and after the offloading process)
- Monthly meter dip analysis for each site to mitigate against fuel dumping and unexplained losses/gains.
- Zero irregularities or un-reconciled stock variances for Fuels, LPG and Lubes
- Zero stocks outs at all retail sites
- Maintain a 3-day stock re-order level per site to minimize stock-outs.
- Ensure full compliance of each site with the local applicable laws on the Environment and Workplace safety.
- Enforce HSSE Policies at the station, in line with the set Group HSSE Policy
- Ensure each Sites housekeeping is maintained at a very high standard, in line with the protection of the Oryx brand image.
- Ensure maximum integrity of staff at each site with regard to customer handling and interactions with other staff.
- Ensure compliance to the set Group standards and code of conduct.
- Ensure Zero fatalities at each site.
- Performance of monthly house-keeping checklist.
- Quarterly service attendant refresher training on customer service and HSSE policies.
- Zero penalties from local authorities fo non-compliance to the local regulations governing operation or fuel retail businesses.
- Prompt reporting of any near-misses and incidents occurring at any retail site to the HSSE focal point within 24 hours of the occurrence and follow up for the closure of any open items within 7 working days.
Required reports for circulation to Management
- Monthly Wet Stock Management Reports
- Monthly HSSE Reports
- Monthly Site performance reports
- Monthly Network development status reports
- Monthly Statement of accounts sent to dealers.
Knowledge and Experience Required
- Degree in Engineering; Civil / Industrial / Mechanical or
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce / Business Administration preferably in Marketing
Type of Experience
- Project Management Experience
- Finance and marketing Acumen
- Analytical skills
- Administrative Skills
- Computer literate – Windows and MS Applications
- Manage activities with a high level of organization
- Experience in the Oil Industry will be an added advantage.
- With Retail Network Management - an added advantage
Years of Experience
- 4-6 years minimum
How to apply
If your qualifications and experience match the requirements for this role, please apply through please apply using the “Apply for this job” ONLY.
Please attach your CV containing your e-mail address, daytime telephone contact, qualifications, achievements, experience, present position and names & addresses of three referees together with a cover letter (maximum 2 pages) summarizing why you consider yourself particularly well suited for the position and monthly rate. Do not attach any other documents at this point.
The closing date for receipt of applications will be 28th February 2020. All applications will be selected on merit and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.