Manager, Education Assessment Center
SNHU Assessment Center, Kimihurura, Kigali
(located at Fairview Building, across Lemigo Hotel)
Full time, 40 hours per week
Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU), in partnership with Inkomoko Business Development, has launched an online education assessment center in Kigali. SNHU, the degree-granting partner of Kepler, provides online education and therefore, online assessment to demonstrate mastery.
Reviewers are responsible for evaluating student project submissions using a rubric designed specifically for each project. The Reviewer provides specific, actionable feedback to students for any areas of the project that require improvement and resubmission. Words of encouragement are also provided to help keep the student on track. Additionally, Reviewers occasionally work in teams with peers and attend individual and team meetings.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Use rubrics and supplemental information to provide fair and consistent education evaluations with encouraging specific, and actionable feedback.
- Perform education evaluations and communicate with students through an online Learning Management System
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of every component of curriculum within assigned workload
- Respond to student outreach swiftly and return evaluations to students within 48 hours of submission
- Complete program improvement assignments, as needed
- Attend in-person, online video and telephone meetings with a manager or team members
- Participate in quality assurance processes
- Participate in assessment norming processes
- Support academic integrity validation
- Protect student privacy
- All Reviewers are encouraged to join and visit the online Reviewer community
- Work in a team -- both as a leader and active follower -- in person and digitally
- Assess student submissions with integrity, honesty, and ethically
- Other duties as required to ensure the success of the assessment center
- Master’s Degree or enrollment in a Master’s degree program
- Prior college-level experience with online learning preferred
- Knowledge or expertise in competency-based education
- Ability to score consistently using a rubric
- Skill working in an electronic management system
- An encouraging and respectful attitude toward all students and colleagues; “can-do” attitude
- Demonstrated level of English fluency at the academic/higher education level
- Demonstrated level of fluency in at least one African language: Kinyarwanda, Kirundi, or Swahili
- Demonstrated fluency in the use of technology, especially software applications
- Demonstrate the ability to learn and utilize rapidly changing technological platforms
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
Reviewers will work at the Kigali, Rwanda Assessment Center 5 days a week. The 1st-floor office has dedicated parking spaces, break room, conference rooms, and lots of natural light, co-located with Inkomoko Business Development.
Best practice is to evaluate all projects assigned to the Reviewer and respond to every comment or question by a student each day. There are no physical requirements, as all work is completed on a computer or telephone provided by the assessment center.
Reviewers will be offered the minimum of a competitive salary, health insurance, paid leave (including sick, vacation, and maternity/paternity), and a one-year contract, renewable at the end of the contract period, depending on performance.
Inkomoko’s core beliefs and values enable us to achieve our vision and mission. Our employees embody the key tenants of the company’s culture. In addition to the skills above, all candidates must demonstrate our core values:
- Purpose: be solutions-oriented and produce high-quality work and be a global leader.
- Achievement: push yourself to reach beyond what you think is possible.
- Improvement: Be humble and committed to continuous learning and growing. Improve through giving and receiving open and accurate feedback
- Bravery: willing to take risks and create a safe space for others to take risks. Be compassionate and inclusive.
- Turikumwe (We are together): Take time to appreciate colleagues, celebrate success, and hold each other up in hard times. We eat goat.
About Inkomoko Entrepreneur Development
Inkomoko is a business consulting firm that works with micro, small, and medium enterprises in Rwanda to develop powerful strategies to increase their profits, help them grow, and create jobs. Founded in 2012, Inkomoko identifies Rwandan and refugee entrepreneurs.
Inkomoko partners with Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU) to offer online education degrees to refugees in Rwanda. Since SNHU uses an online platform, it is essential that SNHU provides customers with the best user experience. The SNHU Customer Liaison, Technology Help Desk position is a critical part of SNHU’s work in Rwanda.
Please email your cover letter including your salary requirements and your CV to SNHUGEM@gmail.com
Include “Reviewer” in the email subject line.
Please address a cover letter to Rachael Sears. Cover letters addressed to Dear Sir will not be considered.
Deadline to apply is 30 January 2019.