Position: Rotating Supervision Consultant
Reporting to the Site and Sustainability Manager, the Consultant shall familiarise itself with both the Clients Specification and the EPC Contractors Design Basis and shall verify that the Design Basis is in accordance with the Specification. In the event of conflicts, the Consultant shall with the assistance of the Site and Sustainability Manager and acting reasonably, but in the interests of the Client, mutually resolve such conflict with the EPC Contractor.
The Consultant shall represent the Owner and be the main point of contact to the EPC Contractor in respect of the rotating equipment being installed on the Project. You shall be responsible for overseeing the correct installation of, but not limited to: Steam Turbine Generators (Siemens STG300) and auxiliaries, pumps, engines, fans, compressors, etc.
The Consultant shall prepare reports on, and provide technical assistance to the Owners Management team in identifying construction progress, deficiencies in construction and providing corrective actions to overcome such deficiencies so that the project is completed according to the work scope and contractual requirements.
The Consultants responsibilities shall include:
- Perform and respond to document, specification and design reviews
- Review of and sign off of equipment before assembly on site
- Provide approval/comments on Quality Inspection and Test Plans and represents the Owner in signing off activity hold/review points along with the EPC Contractor
- Attend and approve inspections on behalf of the Owner
- Oversee the OEM and EPC Contractors specialists in order to ensure that the installation/alignment parameters are in accordance with the technical specification, design and OEM requirements
- Oversee the EPC Contractors progress and suggests constructive ways to the EPC Contractor to speed up delivery
- Raise written observations or NCR’s on behalf of the Owner to the EPC Contractor in respect of progress and quality
- Provide mechanical design input for Owner related project deliverables (fuel conveyor, ash handling)
- Write accurate professional progress reports for the inclusion into the Owners Lender monthly report
- Compile and updates Project Punch List and be responsible for closing out open items
- Identifies abnormal process and equipment conditions, incidents, hazards or emergencies, initiates and supervises action to correct or contain same, reporting incidents and near misses
- Ensuring that the construction activities are carried out to safety procedures
- Oversees the safe start-up of the Project during the commissioning phase ensuring proper and safe operation of the rotating equipment and understands and has the prior experience of performing chemical cleaning, steam blows etc. and other start-up and commissioning tests
- Fault finding and troubleshooting skills.
- Master’s degree or it's equivalent in Mechanical engineering
- More than 30 years of experience in planning and evaluating approaches to meet project objectives in a timely and cost-effective method.
- Possesses expertise in mechanical installation, commissioning, repair, examination, maintenance and testing on a variety of combustion & steam turbines, the balance of plant and auxiliary systems. Rendered exceptional services to Siemens Power Generation, MHI, Alstom’s and Wood Group PS on all areas of power island installation
- Skilled in all mechanical technical aspects of engineering works, preparing supporting documentation, liaising and working with both the OEM and clients to solve problems
Qualified candidates should apply using the "Apply for this job" button below until September 12th, 2019.