About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 per cent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
About the Role
- You will hold leadership responsibilities within the Communications Department.
- You will design a brand strategy for One Acre Fund Rwanda, and increase the performance and value of different program brands while maintaining their positive reputation.
- You will create allies and champions for the program to help accelerate the work and impact of the organization
- You will report to the Head of the Communications Department, and manage two roles within the department.
- Strategy: Co-lead the development of the department's annual goals
- Brand and reputation management: Develop a brand strategy for the One Acre Fund Rwanda program, and manage the reputation of the organization.
- Social Media: Lead our Social Media Strategy
- Media Relations: Represent One Acre Fund Rwanda during interviews with the media.
- Champion building: Lead the creation and implementation of champion building strategy, and manage the program's Advisory Council.
- Reporting: Produce regular reports to external partners.
- Team Management: Manage a team of 2, and provide them with opportunities for professional growth
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have the following:
- 3+ years of experience in mass communication, public relations or related fields.
- Experience in brand development and management
- Experience leading large-scale projects
- Experience with social media management
- Education: a bachelor's degree is required for this role at a minimum
- Language: Fluency in English and Kinyarwanda is required; French is a bonus
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Rwanda
3 January 2023
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (firstname.lastname@example.org), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace.