ABOUT ONE ACRE FUND
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly. We currently serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
ABOUT THE YOUNG PROFESSIONALS PROGRAM
One Acre Fund’s Young Professionals Program offers high-performing African graduates meaningful internships and training opportunities at a high-performing, mission-driven organization. Our internships are paid and all interns can expect to receive substantive work assignments working on high-impact projects that support One Acre Fund's operations.
When joining, interns will participate in an onboarding program and receive training on how to design and execute projects. Over the period of your internship, you will get the opportunity to work with like-minded individuals and receive learning opportunities to build strong foundations for your future career.
Successful candidates can expect to receive substantive work assignments working on high-impact projects that support One Acre Fund's operations in different departments such as:
- Business Development & Communications — tell the story of One Acre Fund's smallholder clients to donors, supporters, and the world.
- Finance and Audit — support our operation with financial advice, reporting. Reduce waste and inefficiency by improving processes.
- Field Operations — serve farmers directly with training, input delivery, and loan servicing.
- Government Relations and Policy — build and maintain relationships with the government and other stakeholders. Help shape rural development policy.
- Procurement, Supply Chain, and Logistics — source and deliver the quality inputs and supplies our farmers need each season.
- Product Innovations, Monitoring, and Evaluation, Agricultural Research — conduct research that measures the impact of our core program and finds the next innovative solution for our farmers.
- People Operations — support the rapidly growing One Acre Fund family of leaders. Find the next generation of talent.
- Tech — build the software and tools that help us serve more farmers.
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we deeply invest in our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training, and regular feedback on your performance. We’ll hold career reviews every one-three months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and gain rewarding technical experience.
We are looking for people who are truly passionate about our mission to serve smallholder farmers. Successful candidates will be valued members of the One Acre Fund family, so we ask them to embrace a “Farmers First” attitude and approach their work with humility. No prior experience is required and candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Exceptional and passionate University graduates
- Leadership experience at work, school clubs, volunteer organizations, etc. is an added advantage
- Strong interest in One Acre Fund’s work serving smallholder farmers
- Strong desire for personal and professional growth
- Flexibility and a willingness to take on varied tasks
- Ability to work both independently and part of a team
- Ability to embrace One Acre Fund’s values
- Fluent in English and Kinyarwanda
PREFERRED START DATE
As soon as possible
Kigali or Rubengera, Rwanda
Interns will be provided with a reasonable stipend for the duration of their contract. Rural area based fellows will be provided assistance in locating suitable housing.
3 - 6 months
SPONSOR INTERNATIONAL CANDIDATES
No; must have existing rights to work in Rwanda.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (firstname.lastname@example.org), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.