About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly. We currently serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
One Acre Fund – TUBURA has been partnering with the Rwanda Agriculture and Animal Resources Development Board since 2013 to strengthen and implement the national extension model known as ‘’TWIGIRE MUHINZI’’. This job involves working and assisting TWIGIRE coordinators and RAB station level with the development and management of TWIGIRE MUHINZI related activities. The Assistant Coordinator position is primarily based in the RAB zones of the Rwanda Agriculture and Animal Resources Development Board in Western Province, with some travel upcountry to implement, monitor, and evaluate extension projects in the field.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in pre-season planning meetings with local extension workers, RAB staff, and Local Authorities to ensure that TWIGIRE MUHINZI activities are properly coordinated and harmonized with all Government of Rwanda plans and goals for the season
- Manage pre-season distribution of training materials from RAB HQ in Kigali to local field extension workers, RAB field staff, and Local Authorities in their districts
- Deliver training to extension workers, RAB field staff, and Local Authorities training materials for the season and / or any other subjects related to TWIGIRE MUHINZI
- Monitor local extension worker and Local Authority distribution of training materials to Farmer Promoters and other extension agents at the beginning of each season or when needed
- Conduct interviews and surveys with local field extension workers, Local Authorities, and Farmer Promoters to collect monitoring and evaluation data on usage and effectiveness of training materials when needed
- Coordinate with TWIGIRE coordinators and RAB staff at zone level in the implementation and monitoring of TWIGIRE MUHINZI
- Help implement trials designed to identify and integrate tools and systems that will increase the capacity and performance of TWIGIRE MUHINZI extension agents.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Specific qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- Either a Bachelor degree in agriculture and/or significant work experience in this field
- Excellent command of Kinyarwanda and English, basic (or better) command of French
- Communication skills: a strong and confident personality able to communicate clearly
- Ability to grasp the essence of complex processes
- Demonstrable computer skills: email, internet, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Proactive and creative problem-solver
- Integrity and a positive attitude, passionate about serving smallholder farmers
- Willingness to work in the field and ideally experience in delivering training
- Willingness to commit for at least two years working with One Acre Fund
Preferred Start Date
As Soon As Possible
Commensurate with experience
Health insurance paid time off
Sponsor International Candidates
No; Must have existing rights to work in Rwanda. Rwanda country nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here.