ABOUT ONE ACRE FUND
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly. We currently serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
ABOUT THE YOUNG PROFESSIONALS PROGRAM
One Acre Fund’s Young Professionals Program offers high-performing African graduates meaningful internships and training opportunities at a high-performing, mission-driven organization. Our internships are paid and all interns can expect to receive substantive work assignments working on high-impact projects that support One Acre Fund's operations.
When joining, interns will participate in an onboarding program and receive training on how to design and execute projects. Over the period of your internship, you will get the opportunity to work with like-minded individuals and receive learning opportunities to build strong foundations for your future career.
The Rwanda Customer Engagement team is one of the Business Operations department teams in Rwanda and serves as a bridge connecting the organization to its clients through checking and ensuring that the organization delivers the best of the customer service to its clients
As part of the CE team, you will assist in the quality assurance of the customer service delivered by our agents as well as proposing ways to fill the current voids through preparing training to our agents. More specifically you will be required to:
- Discuss with the current Call Center team to understand the current incoming and outgoing calls operations processes
- Identify major flaws in the customer service provided by our Call Center team and their main sources
- Discuss with the current SMS and platform manager to understand the controls in the current SMS process
- Document the proposed quality assurance process of the customer service to be delivered by the Customer Engagement team, and how its impact will look like
- Assist in performing the customer service team evaluation and providing your recommendations
- Assist in implementing your proposed new customer service delivery process
- Any other customer service-related task as assigned by your manager
During the internship period, you will learn the fundamentals of the Customer Engagement team operations auditing by participating in team meetings, team evaluation and through deliverables from the client satisfaction survey
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we deeply invest in our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training, and regular feedback on your performance. We’ll hold career reviews every one-three months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and gain rewarding technical experience
We are seeking 1 exceptional candidate with strong educational experience and a lot of enthusiasm for learning new skills and enjoy solving problems! Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Exceptional recent university graduate or young professional with BA/BS in Communications, Computer Sciences, or Information Systems, with coursework in data analytics
- Exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, with outstanding Microsoft Excel, Word, PPT and Google suite knowledge
- Excellent collaborative, clear customer service and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and a willingness to engage with staff with an open mind
- Demonstrates personal accountability and urgency in completing assignments and achieving results
- Strives to gain knowledge of the company and business operations
- Language: Fluency in written and verbal English is a key requirement
PREFERRED START DATE
As soon as possible
Interns will be provided with a reasonable stipend for the duration of their contract. Rural area based fellows will be provided assistance in locating suitable housing
3 - 6 months
SPONSOR INTERNATIONAL CANDIDATES
No; must have existing rights to work in Rwanda
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.